MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unregistered users are posting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How is it possible that unregistered users are able to post to a Board I manage?

The following groups only have permission to view posts
guests
registered
awaiting activitation

The banned group has no permissions.

Running MYBB 1.8.10

This forum has an example of what I'm talking about. Scroll down, it's the last post.
https://secure.gpus.org/secure/GreenPart...php?tid=20

david
Sounds like a misconfiguration for the group and forum permissions. Another reason can be tapatalk if you are using it.

Please dont post other boards with simular problems... post a link to your board otherwise we are not able to help you with this.
re: tapatalk > interesting. It was installed on a different Board, but that Board was deleted months ago.

It is not installed on this Board.

Not sure what you mean by:
"post a link to your board otherwise we are not able to help you with this"

My original post includes a link to the Board in question

david
(2017-08-30, 09:08 PM)dadoonan Wrote: [ -> ]My original post includes a link to the Board in question

Ah ok sry i misunderstand this...

iam not able to post as guest.
[Image: UsUvZeu.png]
Won't let me reply as a guest. Probably not the best example. Could you link us to your MyBB Install instead?
I found posts this morning from a user that I had not activated.  Somehow, he registered and became activated on his own.  I permanently deleted his posts.

There were also three, pending, user accounts, all from the same email address, that had "virus" in their email address information.  Is there a way that I can find the IP address of these users in a log somewhere?   I already deleted all four of the users and the posts from the one that had somehow activated himself.

I have closed my forum until I can resolve this.

Is there a setting that would prevent users from self-activating?  I am running version 1.8.13 of myBB.

Thanks!

I think what I am really asking is if there is a log file that I can see that tracks the ip address of everyone who creates a new account.  I'm pretty sure that three of them are the same person (or bot) and I want to see what IP address those came from, but I deleted the new users before I thought of looking at their IP addresses.
maybe Guest awting problem activated or its bots & spamers
Had same problem, but it disapeared after some time.