MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb Bad Seo practices.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My forum is using the the latest version of mybb with Google seo installed as well. 
Over the the Google Webmasters page I found out that Google is indexing many links that point to the same thread. One thread have this URL all pointing to it - 
thread-689.html
thread-689-post-6990.html
thread-689-post-6994.html
Etc. 
This is above Google seo practices. 
Is there any way to only index 
index only /thread-689.html?
Please why is this post moved there?
Does this sounds like a plugin support or is this to hide this thread?
can you confirm that you are using Google SEO plugin ?

in general, Google SEO plugin links do not appear like "thread-689-post-6990.html"

looks like you are using MyBB internal SEF URLs

whether it is good practice or bad practice,
community.mybb.com/thread-212718.html links to this thread &
community.mybb.com/thread-212718-post-1283023.html#pid1283023 links to the specific post
(#2 above)

And Google Search Engine might be omitting #pid1283023 part.
(2017-09-02, 01:07 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]can you confirm that you are using Google SEO plugin ?

in general, Google SEO plugin links do not appear like "thread-689-post-6990.html"

looks like you are using MyBB internal SEF URLs

whether it is good practice or bad practice,
community.mybb.com/thread-212718.html links to this thread &
community.mybb.com/thread-212718-post-1283023.html#pid1283023 links to the specific post
(#2 above)

And Google Search Engine might be omitting #pid1283023 part.
I am using Google SEO Plugin but I prefer the MyBB internal SEF URLs for threads and forums because of how search engine list the similar threads together.

I think it's a bad seo practice because Google hates the pointing of many links to a certain page.I wonder why MyBB is not using rel no index tag in all individual posts. I relation to the above I also have many
/post-1234.html indexed by Google according to Google Webmasters report.