MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Screwed up the config.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright, after upgrading everything looks how it should, for the most part.

Certain parts of my style sheets are broken, and some posts just say "Click to edit", instead of the actual post content.

Any idea what this could be due to?
temporarily disable all the plugins & check if "Click to Edit" issue fixes

forum admin panel >> configuration (settings) >> General Configuration --> Disable All Plugins
The issue still persists.

I checked the mysql database to make sure that none of the posts were corrupted or something, and all the formatting & text for any "Click to edit" post was there as if nothing changed.

However, on the forums, it just fails to show up.

Example:

Forums:

[Image: unknown.png]

Database: 

[Image: unknown.png]

I should mention that when I press click to edit, all the content shows up, however there's random "?" diamonds in certain spaces.
do you have custom MyCodes ? if so can you disable them one by one & subsequently check if the issue fixes ..

if custom MyCode is not the cause then there could be mis-configured smilies.
The problem seemed to only be spaces, copyright symbol for MyBB, and sometimes apostrophes.

Since our forums are fairly new I was able to just go around and edit any post that had "Click to Edit", get rid of the question mark diamonds, and it would fix the post allowing for the original content to appear.

Hopefully, that's all the problems I'll run into for now. If any new post ends up being replaced with "Click to Edit" I'll attempt to figure out if it's a problem with MyCodes.

Thanks for the much-appreciated help .m.! Saved me another day's worth of headaches.
You need to update your header includes... your template contain the old js libs.
Marking as solved as main issues now resolved.
Pages: 1 2