MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Whythough | Theme Development Thread | Responsive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Short Description:
Hey, I'm Jamie. Today I'll be introducing to you my theme for a forum called Whythough. The idea of this theme is to make MyBB as simplistic as possible while still maintaining MyBB's amazing features. The website will mostly be used when out and about, on the bus, train, hanging out with friends. It needed to be accessable. This mean't rewriting the homepage and most other pages completely. It was tedious, but the homepage took me around 10 hours. So far this project has 37 hours of development out of 74 hours I've been awake.  

Big Grin

The Theme:
I'm not going to be writing everything I've done but I'll start with the obvious, I rewrote, the homepage, login, register, forum display and plan on re-writing almost every page that will be consistantly used. Attempting to mix Bootstrap with Flex to create a really nice responsive design. 

[Image: a185b7dce49a3f5582a61fa2ec557294.png]
[Image: 4a662c0e98abc6ac02b5e508a591fd3d.png]

https://whythough.net
- I will update this thread some more as I progress.
- MyBB Support noted in footer, before you're quick to tell me it's not. Smile
- Brand new project don't go too ham on me ;3

Thanks, Jamie.
Wow realy realy great work, i like it!
Thats eye catching and immediately gets my attention through the image to the website, amazingly fantastic work. Just one question do you think you'll release your theme as free or paid theme? it will be quite awesome to hear from you.
i like it very much
just to point out a small issue in forum display on clicking last post (on the right) doesnt take u to last post
it just takes u to forumdisplay

anyway very good job

looking forward for the updates
(2017-08-31, 02:12 PM)Dark-Power-Invader Wrote: [ -> ]Thats eye catching and immediately gets my attention through the image to the website, amazingly fantastic work. Just one question do you think you'll release your theme as free or paid theme? it will be quite awesome to hear from you.

Thanks for the great comments, right now as far as I'm aware this theme won't be released, it's for a personal project (whythough) although if this project is liked, I will gladly re-make a theme and either sell this to the community or give it away for free.
If you would like more information on the project: https://steemit.com/whythough/@whythough...-paid-beta

(2017-08-31, 07:55 PM)subzr1 Wrote: [ -> ]i like it very much
just to point out a small issue in forum display on clicking last post (on the right) doesnt take u to last post
it just takes u to forumdisplay

anyway very good job

looking forward for the updates

Thank you so much, and thank you for helping me find that issue, exactly the reason I posted it here! Smile
Well i was roaming around your forum and found out some interesting things, the base you used on it is same as Businessforums.net isn't it? how i found it, the footer area the sequence of social icons, favicon and most important your awards page maybe you need more time to fix them all before you go public specially when you launching a platform instead of a just for fun forum.
Question about your name choice, why though?
I'd buy it
(2017-09-01, 03:23 PM)Dark-Power-Invader Wrote: [ -> ]Well i was roaming around your forum and found out some interesting things, the base you used on it is same as Businessforums.net isn't it? how i found it, the footer area the sequence of social icons, favicon and most important your awards page maybe you need more time to fix them all before you go public specially when you launching a platform instead of a just for fun forum.

Yeah, I developed the theme for BusinessForums recently. My actual idea is here I hope you guys will support, the idea and project. It will be a long development but my gosh, when you're paid to ask questions. Smile

https://whythough.net/Thread-why-though-...e-movement

The forum is also not out of development, and not even correctly in beta yet, it will be a huge process but it will hopefullly be fun and a good experience, and I hope MyBB Support the growing connection between community and cryptocurrency.

(2017-09-02, 05:41 PM)Zaqre Wrote: [ -> ]I'd buy it

Feel free to message me. 
(Not this specific theme)

(2017-09-01, 03:55 PM)Sharree Wrote: [ -> ]Question about your name choice, why though?

If I could answer that, I wouldn't have to ask why though?
Well if it goes public sooner you'll find me on your platform, though i am not a big fan of steemit because i don't like too much crowded platforms. Best of luck for your why though? i already created an account your forum because of curiousness of finding about your structure you used on sign in and sign up page.
Pages: 1 2