MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Which is the best SMTP server to send emails?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm newbie with MyBB and I'm testing on my online server before send to my public.
I contacted with my host about e-mails system that MyBB sent every time when there's a new post and a user choose Subscribe and receive email notification of new replies, reset password, create an account and all like that.

They told me to use some STMP server like sendgrid or mailgun because MyBB could overload my own email system. Is this true? There's any good system to do that with a cool price?

My forum it will be non-profit then I can't afford a lot of money.

Thanks.
If you have a vps/dedi there is every time the way to setup a own mailserver on this. Without expirience it can be take about 4-6 hours, with expirience it took for me 30 mins for example. It's stable and good configured so it can not be overloaded.

If you like to go this way feel free to ask me more or how to setup this, i can give you a step by step tutorial for this.

If you do not own a vps/dedi, then you may use google for this. No way to overload google Wink
My experience with VPS is create and setup on VULTR with ServerPilot or RunCloud and everything work's fine. But I see that won't recommended because these sites can't setup all security issues, so I don't know if i can trust. I'm afraid of to setup all by my own and don't know what to do if there problems.But If you have step tutorial for me, I'll apreciate it and try to do my best.

If I use Google to do this, is it free and I can setup my own domain?
You are able to use a gmail for free... the gapps is not free anymore, i think it was free around ~2006. But gapps is cheep to if you just need 1 or 2 postboxes, then you can map your own domain.

For self hosting you found a realy great tutorial on workaround from Christopf Hass.
https://workaround.org/ispmail/jessie

I use it on different versions, one with my own controll panel (its called MailAdm) you can find it here:
https://workaround.org/ispmail/wheezy/ma...ail-server
But this is for the old wheezy tutorial. I have not testet it with the new jessie setup.