MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mail issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I have installed the MyBB recently.
The email doesn't seem to work. I tried as a test the following code (from this forum)

<?php
$email = "mail";
$t = mail("mail","hello","does this send?","mail");
echo $email;
if($t) {
echo "sent";
} else {
echo "not sent";
}
?>

It does not work("not sent").
However if I add a "From:" as follows:
$t = mail("mail","hello","does this send?","From: mail");

then I get the e-mail.

Any suggestions based on the above, what I should do for email from MyBB to work?
Thanks
What is in the email that you need to receive it?
The regular activation email, when a user registers, is not being sent.
I have had that problem more than once. I suggest you turn it off and do instant activitation. The image verification should prevent bots from signing up. Also, make sure your server allows the mail() function. Most free hosts don't.
Thanks. Couple questions:
1. Where do I turn off the activation mail? Is it an ini file?
2. I'd still want the mail to work for sending mail when a reply to the thread is posted (if the user chooses so.) The mail() function is allowed as it works when I provide the syntax as above in the original post.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
1. You can turn it off in the ACP. Go to Board Settings, Change, and then User Registration.

2. I haven't seen any problems with that, so if you subscribe to a thread, it should work. I've only experianced problems with the activation e-mail.

Well, hope I helped
You can turn off the activation email from the ACP -> Settings -> User Registration and Profile Options -> Registration Method

MyBB's e-mail uses the same method so it's being stuck in a spam filter or your host has some sort of server mail issue