MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: NewPoints Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I am considering using newpoints plugin in my forum but I have some questions.

I see that I can basically say "if you post, you get 1 coin, if you create a thread, you get 2 coins", but what exactly I can offer users for those coins? For what purpose you use newpoints in your forum? 

I see theres a "Shop" plugin, but what exactly you can put in that shop forum-wise?
Most this will use to unlock hidden content, primary on warez sides.
Other often used option is to offer a premium rank with special permissions or special forum sections wich normal user dont have access to. (again mostly on warez pages)
So people basically use point system for unlock hidden content and moving to better usergroup?

I don't plan doing anything like that, yet I want to have point system in my forum just to encourage users to post more, create thread more, participate more. But I need to be able to give them, something for points they gained. It shouldn't be just like "i am richer, i have more points" but more like "I can afford to get this with those points"

I use avatar library plugin in my forum and I don't allow users to upload their own avatars (for themesake, I want images in my forum (especially avatars) to be related to forum's focus, for example can I create an Avatar Shop which would allow users to get better looking, something like premium avatars?

I was also thinking like having daily quests for users, which would reward them more points than usual. Is it possible? or something like achievement system which would basically say "have 1000 posts, gain 100 points"
Sure this is possible and nice ideas, but they will need custom work cause this is not default available.