MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Multi-Board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was thinking that in the core there should be a "Multi-Board" function.

Basically, say I am an Admin of 5 communities and to keep things easy and separated, I create a forum site for each community.

So say:

www.forum.hexeus.com/Forum1
www.forum.hexeus.com/Forum2
www.forum.hexeus.com/Forum3
www.forum.hexeus.com/Forum4
www.forum.hexeus.com/Forum5

The goal is if X user creates an account on Forum X (1-5), they can also log into the other forums (if it is set up to allow on all of the forums)

I was thinking it could work if we have it where when the Multi-Board setting(s) are set up, it will request to access Forum X's User data table and if an account exists, it lets them log into that forum. 

If I am missing anything, lemme know.
Being an admin of 5 communities is an edge case - especially of the same software; generally, web admins throw as much crap against the wall as they can to see what sticks, and then when they find something that does, deep-six every other community they own.

Can't see the gain here, for what would be a minimally used feature, should be a plugin.
i think it's already inside the 1.8 version

let say, the category as the forum X (1-5) and you can theme it in the ACP, by using diferent theme it's look like different forum too for me.
(2017-09-03, 05:17 AM)bekti Wrote: [ -> ]i think it's already inside the 1.8 version

let say, the category as the forum X (1-5) and you can theme it in the ACP, by using diferent theme it's look like different forum too for me.

Well, what I mean is different installations. Each Forum 1-5 is a new instance (fresh install) of MyBB.

I was thinking, to make it more "simple" MyBB could have it's own "Login Membership" system where you have a private key you can link to another forum where it uses the forum they are registered on, to be able to skip the "registration" process and just log in as if they were already registered.

The only information that will be privately and securely shared (I am assuming SSL will be a must) just the Username, E-mail, (a temporary password for the "new" forum should be generated and e-mailed to them) Country, and other basic settings like timezone)

The biggest problem I could see is duplicate usernames since multiple boards sharing a single database is pretty much a "no". The best way I could see solving this is to put a notice up saying "If you are logging in from another forum, your username may already be taken and you may have to change it".