MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Blocked Users Enhancement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basically, MyBB has it where you cannot directly see messages from blocked users unless you click a "view post" button. They also cannot send PM/DM to them directly, so could we take this a step farther and include an option in the ACP to prevent blocked users from commenting on a post from the user who has them blocked?

1: ) It will pretty much help prevent flame wars and fights in threads
2: ) It should work both ways: They can't comment/post/message you or on things you post and vice versa.
3: ) Saves the mod(s) from having to deal with unnecessary drama
Well, if we are going this way, then we should also change the block to either be "PMs only", or "global"; and then just not show what blocked members post when it is set globally.

If you intend to show it still, there is no point as this minimises the freedom of the user. IE: You have me blocked, but I still comment  on your thread. My advice would be to not be so whiny that someone is doing something that you don't like, but then again this presents an interesting limitation. I don't want to block users posts, just their PMs. Private messaging provides an excuse for members to be twats, as it is private.
(2017-09-03, 11:39 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]Well, if we are going this way, then we should also change the block to either be "PMs only", or "global"; and then just not show what blocked members post when it is set globally.

If you intend to show it still, there is no point as this minimises the freedom of the user. IE: You have me blocked, but I still comment  on your thread. My advice would be to not be so whiny that someone is doing something that you don't like, but then again this presents an interesting limitation. I don't want to block users posts, just their PMs. Private messaging provides an excuse for members to be twats, as it is private.

Would you get your head out of your "lime"? I was not talking about you, members of the forum I had suggested this because people they blocked took it personal and crap posted and spammed on their threads.

The world doesn't revolve around you and neither do the ideas I post.
(2017-09-04, 12:45 AM)Zaqre Wrote: [ -> ]Would you get your head out of your "lime"? I was not talking about you, members of the forum I had suggested this because people they blocked took it personal and crap posted and spammed on their threads.

The world doesn't revolve around you and neither do the ideas I post.

I was not inferring that you were - I used it as an example. Although I can see how that was misinterpreted; I apologize. I was not directly inferring you - as that is the same advice I would give anyone else; not just you. You aren't the only member here I have blocked, let alone elsewhere.

Taking something personal is a moderation issue; which is where you issue warnings.