MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attachments dont show up any more !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

it was working before. What i changed i write underneath. This is a fresh install of 1.8.12, so no update from earlier version.

When writing a post, i can uplaod an attachment with no problems. If i look at the post afterwards, i only see (i have to translate from german, so it may not be the exact same words)
"attached files" and unterneath "1 minute ago >"

No thumbnail shows up. If i click on the "1 minute ago >", which is a link, myBB tries to open the attachment (picture) and i see a message (again transaltion from german)
The picture "http://myboard/myBBfolder/attachment.php?aid=8" can not be shown, as it contains errors.

Under the post i see messages like
Direct initialization of this file is not allowed.
Please make sure IN_MYBB is defined. Direct initialization of this file is not allowed.

This happens in both of my themes (default and MyResponsive)

What i changed after install:
- installing a bunch of plugins
- more or less last thing was trying some themes -> installing and uninstalling them

The log in /var/log/appache/myboard-error.log does show nothing suspicious. I do not find a log of myBB. Does this log to the apache log ?

Any hints how to solve this ?
have you also added a language pack / different language files for the plugins ?
you can try using php files cleaner utility
thaks for advice, but grrrrr

just another piece of SW i installed with no word how to use that, what exactly the options do (what risk i take). Also README says nothing about how to use it.

ok i found the pic where the cleaner hides ...

it says "No files that require modifications were found."

language packs: i forgot answer this question.

No. I installed german at the beginning (or was it already installed ?) but afterwards the attachemnt showed definitly.
oh ... would you like to PM me temporary access to files (FTP) & forum admin panel to check ..
does a list of last recently manipulated php-files help ?
^ if you have manually edited any php files then ensure that those files are saved without Byte Order Mark
in general we use advanced editor like notepad++ to edit the php files (see this image)
i use the good old vi :-)
^ okay. are you sure that BOM is not present in the edited files ... (a search result)
no i am not sure Undecided i will now do a fgrep -rl echo -ne '\xef\xbb\xbf' with every file changed, backwards in time, until i find this BOM header somewhere.

do some scripting ...

nothing !

is fgrep -rl echo -ne '\xef\xbb\xbf' a good method ?

I learnd that is more on the false positive side, which should lead to too much results. But i had none Undecided
can't say about those commands - I've no expertise in them.

anyway, can you run file verification tool from below location. what does it report ?
admin panel >> tools & maintenance >> file verification

ignore reported images & ignore files reported from install folder & its sub-folders
Pages: 1 2