MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: i cant login to my forum.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
am the admin and basically i forgot my password
i requested a password reset but been 2 days now i havent gotten the mail...is there a way to reset it ?
 tried several times and i got this
This account has been locked out.

Your account is currently locked out after failing to login 5 times. You have been sent an email with instructions on how to unlock your account.
you can try password reset through database queries. see common sql queries guidance

assuming that your user ID is 1, you can use query like below
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `password` = 'YourNewPassword', `salt` = '' WHERE `uid` = '1'
lol...i dont understand it bro.

i cant login everywhere... both forum and admin index
^ do you have access to the database at the web host control panel ? if so see common sql queries guidance
still cant login
(2017-09-10, 05:13 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you can try password reset through database queries. see common sql queries guidance

assuming that your user ID is 1, you can use query like below
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `password` = 'YourNewPassword', `salt` = '' WHERE `uid` = '1'

Are passwords not stored encrypted? ..
If you store a new pasword inthere without it has been encrypted first ... Will the decryption scripts don't get stuck on it when logging in a user?
(2017-09-11, 01:17 PM)zyra Wrote: [ -> ]Will the decryption scripts don't get stuck on it when logging in a user?
Well not actually till we fill out the salt thing, mybb passwords are encrypted through salt.

As for OP's problem i guess he don't even know where is he hosting his forum(if you can share your forum ulr maybe i'll be able to identify if its a cpanel or something else), the only thing you can do is open up your host's Panel either on cPanel you can do that via phpmyadmin or if you are on a VPS then login via SSH and perform the query on your mybb database.