MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [split] List of Confirmed Features
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Quote:It's their software
No its not. MyBB belongs to community. Team is here to "glue things together"; to make sure dev process runs smoothly etc. They do not own MyBB....

Quote:it's the best free forum software out there. 
It still is great software, but team (knowingly or not) tries to kill MyBB with their actions.
I see so many bad (not to say simply stupid in long-run) moves made by team, that I seriously wonder why they simply do not step down? All I can see is their desire to govern at all cost, even ruining whole script. Not good at all.
(2017-10-10, 01:03 PM)devs Wrote: [ -> ]
No its not. MyBB belongs to community. Team is here to "glue things together"; to make sure dev process runs smoothly etc. They do not own MyBB....

It still is great software, but team (knowingly or not) tries to kill MyBB with their actions.
I see so many bad (not to say simply stupid in long-run) moves made by team, that I seriously wonder why they simply do not step down? All I can see is their desire to govern at all cost, even ruining whole script. Not good at all.

If you dislike the direction of MyBB you're more than welcome to fork and develop your own fork, that's the beauty of OSS.
#40 I will not fork MyBB as I simply SET different goals for me (and my team). We are developing our own CMS:: its called Coyote (currently 2.2, with 3.x well on the way). Its on GH also, its free, we do it full-time (8hrs/day, 5dys/week) and we are getting paid. But - this is free software. And we are really listening to what ()vibrant) community have to say. For us its not a shame to step down and accept new leader (had happened twice in whole 8 years of developing Coyote).

Taking above into consideration, I do not have time (or willingness) to fork MyBB.
(2017-10-10, 01:03 PM)devs Wrote: [ -> ]No its not. MyBB belongs to community. Team is here to "glue things together"; to make sure dev process runs smoothly etc. They do not own MyBB....

Chris is the founder of the project. It's his project, his baby. Being open source doesn't mean it's public domain. Time and time again you make ridiculous statements. You even said the team was legally required to support users, and if they don't, they're criminals.

If anything you're proving yourself a charlatan. You have no credibility, and you're wasting your time trying to overthrow the team.
No its not. MyBB belongs to community. Team is here to "glue things together"; to make sure dev process runs smoothly etc. They do not own MyBB...

As you quoted me I thought I would reply. When I said "It's their software" I meant like Nathan Malcolm said. "Chris is the founder of the project. It's his project, his baby" He could pull the plug on it when ever he wanted. Yes the team glue things together but Chris has the Keys. Maybe he would like to make a statement somewhere so we all know where we stand?

I don't know the inside of the team, but I have noticed by some of your posts that you do seem to have some sort of problem. I personally don't have a problem with the team, so I stick around. If I did have a problem with the team or the way MyBB was/is going then I would walk away.

I don't wish to offend or upset anyone and I usually keep my head down on the MyBB forum and help out where I can, but I'm noticing a lot of bickering going on in the MyBB support forum and this is not good for the readers. It's obviously putting some people off, so why not just try to get along and work with each other as opposed to against each other.  

*Devs you are welcome to use my name when you quote me by the way if you wish.
Pages: 1 2 3 4