MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to stop indexing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think I'm coming from version 1.3 (Can't remember.  but my board was inactive and I accidentally let my hosting account lapse.  I decided just to start from scrap on a new project.)

There used to be a one click option to turn off indexing and I really appreciated that, so my board was completely private.  (aside from making it invisible unless someone was logged in.)  Is there anything similar on 1.8?  All I can find is the Spiders/Bots tab and setting it to Banned users. (Though I don't think that will stop the indexing, will it?)

I'd normally try and figure this out on my own, but as my screen name suggests, I'm frazzled.  I feel like the White Rabbit.  I have a zillion things to get done and I'm already behind schedule (creating two message boards happen to be included on that.  One for planning an anniversary party, and one for a TV show convention.)

Thanks for any help you can provide!  (Granted, most of it is probably going to go right over my head for the next half year.  Most of my computer skillz drained out of my head in the past couple years, as I hardly touched a computer due to life circumstances.  I don't have an easy time getting back up on the horse.)
Create a file called robots.txt and put the following in it then upload to ur server
User-agent: *
Disallow: /