MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problems with Welcome Block/Scripts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm having problems with my Welcomeblock templates, both for users and guests. I recently converted a 1.6 forum to the latest version (1.8.12), but no matter what I do, I just can't seem to get it looking right again. I want to have it look the same way as the 1.6 MyBB used to. I had to edit a new theme to get rid of the edits done over the years that would conflict.

Any help would be excellent.
Well 1.6 to 1.8 new templates where added so you'll have to do the edits again manually, if it's a custom theme get the designer to do it for you or if you need help I can join your forum and help you edit it.

Up to you.
Yes, I am the only one who is doing the theme customizing. I've been repeatedly going back and forth between both old and new themes, picking off code that should work on the latter.

Unfortunately, I had to resort to adding a generic table and customizing it myself, along with all the mentions of User CP, the current time, and so on. It looks good to me, but I wish that the script files from 1.6 were still applicable.
Would be useful to see how it looked before and the link to your forum now so someone can duplicate this for you.
It was just a recolored version of the 1.6 default theme.

I'm also having script problems, such as for post editors to display right, so I'm retitling the thread. Even the registration form is buggy. If you need a test account, let me know.

Thanks.
A test account would be nice and just had a look, seems to me you only have few edits to do to make everything how it was before. Provide me with a test account I'll look into it more later and get back to you, but for now try playing around with the templates & css just make a backup before you do though.
Sorry for the late response.

I've sent you login details by PM.