MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I have a user that is being presented to me as Banned. But they can still post ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a user that is being presented to me as Banned, but in the Banned Account panel I am told that I do not have any Banned Users. Also, this Banned User is still able to post. But without any moderator privs that they used to have.

Can anybody tell me what is going on ?
How do you know they are posting? The "Who's Online" list may show the user as posting, but they really see a permission error screen.
(2017-09-13, 07:12 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]How do you know they are posting? The "Who's Online" list may show the user as posting, but they really see a permission error screen.

Exactly, however MyBB could avoid location updates for banned members. Maybe in MyBB 1.8.13?
The 'User' in question is one of my 'Aliases' Did I spell that correcly ?
That is how I know that they can still post, despite getting the pink 'Banned' message bar when I log in with that particular ID.
Yes, you spelt aliases correctly Smile

Hm, have you changed the permissions for the Banned group?
That has got it sorted. I checked the permissions and found I had multi selected various groups for this ID.l

thanks again !