MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 'attract' spam bots to mybb forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had created an (older version of) MyBB forum around 10 days ago. Turned on 'Guest posting', but still no sign of spam. How to attract them?  Angel http://goo.gl/zhtnkd
hmm., rather unusual requirement - or is it a satirical post ? anyway, what is your forum url ?
(2017-09-15, 06:57 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]hmm., rather unusual requirement - or is it a satirical post ? anyway, what is your forum url ?

http://goo.gl/zhtnkd
well, removing powered by MyBB notice from footer of MyBB forum attracts support denial

And some users say that removing it distracts spam bots !

also it can be difficult to attract visitors to a reviews discussion forum with irregular domain extension
(2017-09-15, 07:17 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]well, removing powered by MyBB notice from footer of MyBB forum attracts support denial

And some users say that removing it distracts spam bots !

also it can be difficult to attract visitors to a reviews discussion forum with irregular domain extension

I thought MyBB is such as good forum!  Undecided
User has re-added Powered By notice.

Quote:I thought MyBB is such as good forum!

It is -- part of it is the lack of Spam
basically forum owner & staff should invite friends & relatives to contribute to the forum.
and good amount of related content should be added before publicizing forum on social media.

see also this guidance => How To Run A Successful Community
[similar guidance is available at different topics of this forum & also at many places on the web]
There are never any good spam bots around when u need them.

(2017-09-15, 09:54 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]basically forum owner & staff should invite friends & relatives to contribute to the forum.
and good amount of related content should be added before publicizing forum on social media.

see also this guidance => How To Run A Successful Community
[similar guidance is available at different topics of this forum & also at many places on the web]

I had a forum in MyBB, around 3 years ago. It had around 50 threads and few visits. But shortly, spam bots started to attack my forum. After few days, I noticed that I'm also getting some hits to the spam posts from the search engines. Due to spam posts, I moved from MyBB.

One of the advertising networks which I use pays me poorly, like 0.01 cents for 200 clicks. It was good before but now it's worse. I'm using them since 2013, never got a payment till today and I'm near my payment. Now I'm creating this forum to get ride of them.