MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Show recent Posts (the entire post)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I think you need this plugin https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=191
Or i have not tested . Try changing 'AND t.firstpost= p.pid' from portal.php from following code
$query = $db->query("
		SELECT p.pid, p.message, p.tid, p.smilieoff, t.attachmentcount
		FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."posts p
		LEFT JOIN ".TABLE_PREFIX."threads t ON (t.tid=p.tid)
		WHERE t.visible='1'{$annfidswhere}{$tunviewwhere} AND t.closed NOT LIKE 'moved|%' AND t.firstpost=p.pid
		ORDER BY t.dateline DESC
		LIMIT {$start}, {$numannouncements}"
	);
Thanks vishwap

I can't seem to get that Pugin to work (and don't think it can achieve what I am looking for)

Getting close with that code - I've played around with that block code, but all I can manage to do is delete "AND t.firstpost=p.pid"; with this gone then the last post from each thread (instead of the first post if the code remains). So I'm getting close, but I need every post from each thread to be included. Seems the code is limiting me to fetch only a single post.

I will continue to play around, but any help from anyone is appreciated
Bump

I'm still having issues - Is this possible?
You confused. They just showing latest updated threads ie. Thread with last post . Nothing more.
I'm not confused

I would like a list of recent posts, not just the first post from new threads. I thought I could achieve this via the portal.php code, but if not any other suggestions would be most welcome

A code to fetch the last ten (or more) posts on the forum, layered like a thread showing the full post
Bump?
Ok - evidently I'm not going to get help with the above (presumably because what I am trying to achieve with the portal.php is impossible)

How about if I try and achieve this by the search page (search.php).  So if I can receive results in Post form, instead of Thread form then I would have the results I'm looking for

Possible?
Bump?
Bump?
I am interested in recent posts at portal page too.

I can not believe nobody has made such a plugin.

It brings much more attention to the forum!
Pages: 1 2 3