MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Let users lock/unlock their own topics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I'm creating a forum and I have several custom groups. One of these groups I would like to give permission to lock/unlock their own threads. 

I attempted to create this ability by going to the Moderator Tools -> Add New Thread Tools -> Select the groups that I wanted to add -> Toggle Open/Close thread

I did that and nothing changed. What am I doing wrong?

Also I would like to give this group the ability to edit posts in their own thread. I attempted to do this by going to Moderator Tools -> Add New Post Tool -> but did not see a way to add this ability. 

----

Also I'm trying to do a few other things. I want to make it so that if a user posts multiple times in a thread then it will split into multiple post rather than on the same post. 

Thanks
I believe this is what you're looking for - https://mods.mybb.com/view/thread-open-close-yourself

You may have to change compatibility from 16* to 18*.
I tried to install it but it caused this to occur. How do I make it compatible with 1.8?
It will need some code changes probably Sad
I think it's a bad idea to allow users to reopen their own threads. Imagine one of your moderators locks a thread because it's degrading into a flame war, then the thread owner reopens the thread.
(2017-09-18, 02:36 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]It will need some code changes probably Sad

It shouldn't. I use it myself at the moment. Then again, I installed it years ago so I can't remember if I made any code changes.
@laie_techie - This allows game moderators to close their forum topics during the night phase of a mafia game.
(2017-09-18, 10:06 PM)Virtuoso Wrote: [ -> ]@laie_techie - This allows game moderators to close their forum topics during the night phase of a mafia game.

Funny, I thought most of the Mafia's work was done at night Toungue