MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Profile Links won't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all!

Developing a forum and using the Emerald theme. It's a gorgeous theme and I'm really excited to use this. One problem that I'm having is that the profiles won't link in the thread. I posted a screenshot of what's happening.

Basically when I click on the username "GameMod" or others in the thread, it does not take me to their profile and does nothing. 

This is on my localhost so I really can't share the forum unfortunately
Does the usernames work on other themes? If so, your postbit should have something like this:

<span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span> 

If not, deactivate all plugins then try again.
Usernames work on other themes. How do I find the postbit?

Nvm I found it. Yeah it looks like it's there

<center><strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong> {$post['onlinestatus']}</center>

That's what I have

Deactivating plugins didn't work either
^ can we have your forum url ..
As I mentioned it's currently on my local server
^ oh! somehow I overlooked it ..
There's probably a bug in the theme somewhere. I tried a few different styles and the profile links work fine
^ in the global.css stylesheet of the theme, around line 1205
.post.classic .post_author has float:left; property - you can remove that & check

Note: stylesheet of theme should be edited through themes section of forum admin panel
and advanced edit mode should be selected for easy editing

you may have to hard refresh your browser (eg. press CTRL + F5) on a show thread page to see the change
Thanks! That's now working, however it's now rendering the threads kinda funky.
^ okay. so earlier suggestion was incorrect.
can't check it further right now without installing the theme on a test board ..
Pages: 1 2