MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Stupid question: How do I add a new thread?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

Apologies for the stupid newbie question, but I have arranged my categories and forums and now want to add the first thread -- but I can't find a way to do it! I am in the control panel area setting up the site and can go into each forum etc. but cannot find the 'add new thread' button! 

How do I post a new thread for my own forum?

Help!

Thanks in advance ;-)
Same way you did here. Go into the forum, post a thread.
(2017-09-18, 06:15 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]Same way you did here. Go into the forum, post a thread.

Thanks! 

But does that mean I have to enter from the main page like everyone else? When I am inside the control panel area (where you set everything up) I don't have the option to post...
Edit: posting facility is not available at the forum admin panel

if a forum is set as category at the forum management in the admin panel then post new thread button would not be available
[related image]
Yes, and yes, you can't post from within the ACP.

Within the Mod CP on the other hand, you have the ability to create "announcements" - that can't be replied to.

Announcements are designed to announce, as implied by the name, and I wouldn't class them as topics.
(2017-09-18, 06:31 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, and yes, you can't post from within the ACP.

Within the Mod CP on the other hand, you have the ability to create "announcements" - that can't be replied to.

Announcements are designed to announce, as implied by the name, and I wouldn't class them as topics.

Sorry for the delay in replying -- busy, busy life! -- and thank you both for the information. I'll go in as a user and try and post that way.

Thanks again. Smile