MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Request] Away of uploading within acp.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently my forums been getting a few newbies who have never used anything like this, I like to be as helpful as possible but I can't always use my ftp program.

This would also be useful for gmods, admins who don't have access to upload via ftp.

Would anyone be able to create a plugin to allow avatars to be uploaded via the acp? ~Kerrang!

P.s Thanks for reading, not sure if it's possible but if it is I would greatly appreciate it. Smile
I personally think it would be easier if you made it clear how to upload avatars through the UserCP... would allow the users to change avatars without bugging admins/mods, plus they'll learn something as well.
ZiNga BuRgA Wrote:I personally think it would be easier if you made it clear how to upload avatars through the UserCP... would allow the users to change avatars without bugging admins/mods, plus they'll learn something as well.
Yes...because "Change Avatar" doesn't make it obvious enough! </sarcasm>
I've made something that should work =P Didn't do much testing with it, so if you find bugs, let me know =P

Screen ::

[Image: uacp.jpg]

Install ::

- Upload inc/plugins/uacp.php into your plugin folder
- Upload amdin/uacp.php into your admin folder
- Go to your pluginmanager and activate the plugin
- Refresh your admin dir, and there should be a new "link" into the Users and Groups box ( Uploading Avatar )
Thanks Lex,
It's greatly appreciate and I'll let you know Smile

ZiNga BuRgA; Yeah, however some get put off by this and I can't insist that they change it. Hey, I don't mind either. I like to be helpful and kind to those who take part on my forum so it's no hassle.

DrPoodle; Your forgetting not everyone knows how to resize images, my sites for older and younger people and I have some members who are new to posting. I wouldn't bother them with explaining how to resize an image enough to make it there avatar, I wouldn't force my members to do so. However it's not like I don't think some should but it's no trouble for me Smile

~Kerrang!

P.s Thanks again lex
LeX,

It's working although I keep getting the same message everytime. I hope you don't mind me pm'in it to you, thanks for your help.
~Kerrang!

P.s It's an awesome plugin!