MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I have locked myself out of my Forum.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A short while ago I tried to change the URL that my forum logo pointed to.
By accident I have changed the URL of the forum itself, and can no longer login to change it back again.

Which document do I navigate to via cPanel or FTP, in order to put this right, and when I get there what do I look for ?
can you get into ftp?
if so
go here:

login to ftp
go to install folder
and make a copy of lock after that delete the one in the ftp
then go to your sitel enter yoursite.com/install/index.php

PLEASE NOTE THIS WILL DELETE EVERYTHING YOU DID SO MAKE A BACKUP
(2017-09-24, 01:12 PM)Fuzzy Modz Wrote: [ -> ]can you get into ftp?
if so
go here:

login to ftp
go to install folder
and make a copy of lock after that delete the one in the ftp
then go to your sitel enter yoursite.com/install/index.php

PLEASE NOTE THIS WILL DELETE EVERYTHING YOU DID SO MAKE A BACKUP

Again, this should be the very last recommendation anyone gives on any problem encountered while using this software.

Inafix, to answer your question:

Locate the settings.php file in your installation. You can find this file by going to the root of the directory you installed your copy of MyBB in and navigating to inc/settings.php where you can then change your URL back and edit any of the other settings if needed.
Thanks for the help.
It was the reminder to make a Backup, that reminded me that I have 'auto' daily Backups made by Softaculous.
So I will restore to the latest one.

I was panicking so much I forgot about it !?!

But I did find the settings.php file that was spoken of, and as far as I could see the URL of my forum was correct.
And I was still unable to access my Forum ?

When the Backup is complete I will post the reult here.

Thanks again

-----------------------------------------------

The Backup did the job !
Many thanks !
Hahaha sorry I had to laugh but this caught my attention because I had a newly appointed moderator once ban himself accidentally. This reminded me of that. Hope you come right.
Well it did come right after all.

As I looked into the banned users, and then changed the length of time the ban was in force.
But I still dont know how they got banned to start with ?

Mind you, this computer tends to drink a bit.