MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Endless Admin CP Login Loop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using MyBB 1.8.12.  

URL: https://www.australian-coins.net

Right now I cannot log into my Admin CP.  I can log into the forum just fine, when I click on the "Admn CP" link I am shown the Admin CP login screen.  I enter my username/pass (which I know are correct) and then I am just shown the Admin CP login screen again.  There is NO error message. Just a clean admin CP login screen.

I have cleared my cookies and tried it from an incognito session too.  The cookie settings in the settings.php file are:

$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".australian-coins.net";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "";

I have just checked the settings in the MySQL mybb_settings table and those three settings are the same value in the database.

I've been poking about in the /admin/index.php file and when I echo out

echo "mybb action::".var_dump($mybb->input['action']);
echo "mybb do::".var_dump($mybb->input['do']);
echo "mybb module::".var_dump($mybb->input['module']);

There's no values in any of those fields. Given that there's a hidden INPUT field with the name DO on the admin CP login page I would have expected to see a value of login in the $mybb->input['do'] property. So it looks to me like the $_POST values are not being put in to the $mybb->input property. I've verified this by forcing the value of $mybb->input['do'] to 'login' in the index.php file and then dumping out the user name and password values and they are empty too.

What the heck is going on?

Edit. Solved. .htaccess pilot error. Rewriting /index.php to / breaks the forum. So don't do this:

RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^.*/index\.php
RewriteRule ^(.*)index.php$ /$1 [R=301,L]