MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Shoutbox install+activate issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

Firstly, I deeply apologise if I posted this in the wrong board; I'm new to the MyBB community forum.

I recently reinstalled my dedicated server due to ownership issues that we had, everything works smoothly now via our shoutbox (using DVZ Shoutbox) - upon Install & Activate, I'm getting this error:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    1050 - Table '`visionro_forums`.`mybb_dvz_shoutbox`' already exists
Query:
    CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `mybb_dvz_shoutbox` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, `uid` int(11) NOT NULL, `text` text NULL, `date` int(11) NOT NULL, `modified` int(11) NULL DEFAULT NULL, `ipaddress` varbinary(16) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (`id`) ) ENGINE=InnoDB CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci 

Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.

When I attempt to drop the table manually via my mysql server, it then continues to spit the following error when I try again to Install & Activate the plugin
create table #1030 - Got error 168 from storage engine

NOTE: I thought I'd add to, upon transfering the database and it's tables over, I did it via moving over the ibd/frm files since this was our only option in the situation we were in however all other aspects didn't have an issue, just the shoutbox.

My forum URL: http://visionroleplay.com
My MyBB Version: 1.8.10

Does anybody have a potential fix to this? Thanks in advanced! Smile
Bump? Really in need of help.

If this info helps, I'm running this all on a dedicated server from OVH (Ubuntu 16.04 OS)
bump??
Are you using any caching modules (e.g. Varnish)?

If you are using the latest version of the plugin try removing the table again, removing its setting group manually in Configuration → Settings → Modify Settings and changing line 437:
return $mybb->settings['dvz_sb_num'] !== null;
to:
return $db->num_rows(
    $db->simple_select('settinggroups', 'gid', "name='dvz_shoutbox'")
) == 1;
and running the installation.

You should also update your MyBB to most recent version if you haven't already.