MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: upgrade MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello
I tried to update the forum and gave me the message: "Error
The installer is currently locked, please remove 'lock' from the install directory to continue '
I do not know how to unlock folder install.
I use WinSCP and cPanel 66.0.23
HELP!!! What to do?
When the installer or upgrader is run, it creates a file called "lock" in the install folder. The error message is asking you to remove this "lock" file.
(2017-09-27, 06:54 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]When the installer or upgrader is run, it creates a file called "lock" in the install folder. The error message is asking you to remove this "lock" file.

Thank a lot.
Now I have an another problem.
I lost everything.
I put all old dates in the update and nothing happened.
I have an backup.
Can I restore my data?
So when you removed the lock file you lost all files? It seems you have deleted the whole folder then.
I recommend if you have a backup like you've said - upload it and remove the lock file only.
(2017-10-01, 06:07 PM)Nasyr Wrote: [ -> ]So when you removed the lock file you lost all files? It seems you have deleted the whole folder then.
I recommend if you have a backup like you've said - upload it and remove the lock file only.

No.
When I uploaded new versions the installer process start from beginning.
I have introduced the old name of database, name of account and password. And process started.
Finally mybb forum are empty.
So?
(2017-09-27, 03:29 PM)vally62 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello
I tried to update the forum and gave me the message: "Error
The installer is currently locked, please remove 'lock' from the install directory to continue '
I do not know how to unlock folder install.
I use WinSCP and cPanel 66.0.23
HELP!!! What to do?

If the blog post announcement mentions that the upgrade script is required, then perform the following:
  1. Open your forum’s home page in your web browser and add 
    /install/ to the URL. For example, www.yourdomain.com/install/or www.yourdomain.com/forum/install/
  2. It might ask you to remove a file called 
    lock in this folder. Use an FTP Client or a File Manager to remove the  file.install/lock
  3. You should see a drop down list asking what version of MyBB you’re upgrading from. Remember to select the correct version - the one you’re currently using - or else the upgrade will not work correctly.
  4. Follow the instructions to run the upgrade.
  5. After the upgrade has finished, check that the file called 
    lock was created in the install/ folder. If it is missing, create it yourself or delete the install/ folder from your server. For extra protection, chmod 644 inc/config.php