MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Issue i have with latest thread post on index
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have installed different plugins that could display recent thread on index page but many of this plugins I tried showed both topics created and recent updated post i.e comments also made on topic created.

Please I needed help on how to show only recent created thread/topics without including posts on such thread created by users..

Any plugin or manual coding I can place myself. Am a newbie in mybb.
No reply support on this?
Hi fanciboy4

Normally this are forums for plugins: https://community.mybb.com/forum-73.html
Peoples there are more active about plugins so you will get support more quickly.

But anyway, can you post what plugins you used, maybe I can find / change something in it to make it work (if it is allowed by owner of corse).

Thanks
Is the plugin you are referring to adding a sidebar or recent threads to the center?

If it is a sidebar, then just use ASB (link in my sig), but if not, you will need to modify the plugin code.

On the main query (the one that actually retrieves the latest threads, add a WHERE clause that checks the creation date of the thread. In my plugin, people have an option of how many days is still considered a new thread. In code you would convert the days to seconds and check that against the dateline field of the thread table.

$timesearch = TIME_NOW - (60 * 60 * 24) // one day - formula: (60 * 60 * 24 * days)
[...]
WHERE t.dateline > {$timesearch}

I'm just typing this off the top of my head, but maybe you see what I am saying...
(2017-11-28, 10:51 PM)Ikerepc Wrote: [ -> ]Hi fanciboy4

Normally this are forums for plugins: https://community.mybb.com/forum-73.html
Peoples there are more active about plugins so you will get support more quickly.

But anyway, can you post what plugins you used, maybe I can find / change something in it to make it work (if it is allowed by owner of corse).

Thanks

Am really sorry. I didn't take note of that. I will prefer writing in the plugin forum page.