MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User Permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I have just taken over a web site and unfamiliar with MyBB,can someone tell me the difference between Individual Permissions and Group Permissions and is there any kind of manual to help newbies.
Thanks for now
George
Indivisual permissions, where is that? Group permissions appliy to a specific user group, for example, quests, eregistered members, you can set seperate permissions for those two user groups as far as how they are able to interact with the forum.
Are you talking about Admin Permissions? That's the only sort of individual permissions that can be set within MyBB. By default all admins use Group Permissions which means you can change what they have access to all at once. Individual permissions is similar and is mostly used when you want admins to have more or less permissions than other admins.

For example, you don't want usual admins (except 1) to be able to edit the themes and templates so you remove that group permission, and then you can set the individual's permission to allow them access to edit the themes and templates.
I suppose for individual permissions you could always create a new usergroup for whoever you need specific permissions for and set them into that group.

Group permissions apply to whoever is in there, such as "newly registered" being unable to access a certain subforum etc.
Thanks for all your answers better understanding now