MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread Prefix Not Working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since upgrading to the latest MyBB version the thread prefixes have stopped working in the backend/admin panel.

If I try and add a thread prefix the page just refreshes and the new prefix isn't there. No error message or anything just refreshes the page that's it with no new thread prefix.

I can delete thread prefixes and old prefixes are there and functional, just adding any news ones simply doesn't work.

Any advice on how to fix this?
Hello,

In the Admin CP under Maintenance tab - run a file verification for me please.
Which version of MyBB were you on prior to upgrading?
Also did you back up the files and database before upgrading?
I followed your guidelines and there was an error with the functions.php file so I replaced that.

That didn't fix the issue though, what I've found with some fiddling around, is that I can add a thread prefix as long as I don't use any HTML markup.

As soon as I enter any HTML markup it just refreshes and doesn't add the thread prefix, if I try and add a plain thread prefix with no HTML it works, if I then try to edit that thread prefix and add HTML to it, it returns a this thread prefix does not exist error.

I didn't do a backup no, stupid I know.

I upgraded from the last stable version of mybb.
That is odd and besides upgrading the files, did you change anything else?