MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick Search Not Operating[Solved]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm going to assume the quicksearch is within the header_welcomeblock_member template as I cannot see it as a guest and in the screenshot it appears you're logged in. Just to confirm, can you paste the header_welcomeblock_member template?

I'm unsure what your actual question is. You're basically saying that the icon within the quicksearch isn't working? Is there an error returned once you click it?
(2017-10-15, 11:44 PM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to assume the quicksearch is within the header_welcomeblock_member template as I cannot see it as a guest and in the screenshot it appears you're logged in. Just to confirm, can you paste the header_welcomeblock_member template?

I'm unsure what your actual question is. You're basically saying that the icon within the quicksearch isn't working? Is there an error returned once you click it?
To Answer your question in regard to what occurs when the quicksearch like mybb does not work... nothing happens but if you hit enter it works..
Here's My header_welcomeblock_member:

<!-- Continuation of div(class="upper") as opened in the header template -->
	<span class="welcome">{$lang->welcome_back} <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&amp;logoutkey={$mybb->user['logoutkey']}" class="logout"><i class="fa fa-sign-out panel-logout"></i>{$lang->welcome_logout}</a></span>
	</div>
</div>
<div class="lower">
	<div class="wrapper">
          {$quicksearch}
		<ul class="menu panel_links">
			<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php" class="usercp"><i class="fa fa-user panel-usercp"></i>{$lang->welcome_usercp}</a></li>
			{$modcplink}
			{$admincplink}
			<li ><a href="#" class="bg_style"><i class="fa fa-image  toplinks-help"></i>BG</a></li> 
		</ul>
		<ul class="menu user_links">
			<li><a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="MyBB.popupWindow('{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=buddypopup&modal=1', null, true); return false;">{$lang->welcome_open_buddy_list}</a></li>
			{$searchlink}
			{$pmslink}
		</ul>
			</div>
		<br class="clear" />
</div>
	  <div class="wrapper">        
                    <div class="bg_preview">
                            <a id="bg1" href="#" style="background: url('{$mybb->asset_url}/themes/e-book_mecca/bg/bg1.png');"></a>
                            <a id="bg2" href="#" style="background: url('{$mybb->asset_url}/themes/e-book_mecca/bg/bg2.png');"></a>
                            <a id="bg3" href="#" style="background: url('{$mybb->asset_url}/themes/e-book_mecca/bg/bg3.png');"></a>
                            <a id="bg4" href="#" style="background: url('{$mybb->asset_url}/themes/e-book_mecca/bg/bg4.png');"></a>
                            <a id="bg5" href="#" style="background: url('{$mybb->asset_url}/themes/e-book_mecca/bg/bg5.png');"></a>
						    <a id="bg6" href="#" style="background: url('{$mybb->asset_url}/themes/e-book_mecca/bg/bg6.png');"></a>
						    <a id="bg7" href="#" style="background: url('{$mybb->asset_url}/themes/e-book_mecca/bg/bg7.png');"></a>
							<a id="bg8" href="#" style="background: url('{$mybb->asset_url}/themes/e-book_mecca/bg/bg8.png');"></a>
							<a id="bg9" href="#" style="background: url('{$mybb->asset_url}/themes/e-book_mecca/bg/bg9.png');"></a>
							<a id="bg10" href="#" style="background: url('{$mybb->asset_url}/themes/e-book_mecca/bg/bg10.png');"></a>
							<a id="bg11" href="#" style="background: url('{$mybb->asset_url}/themes/e-book_mecca/bg/bg11.png');"></a>
							<a id="bg12" href="#" style="background: url('{$mybb->asset_url}/themes/e-book_mecca/bg/bg12.png');"></a>
							<a id="bg13" href="#" style="background: url('{$mybb->asset_url}/themes/e-book_mecca/bg/bg13.png');"></a>
							<a id="bg14" href="#" style="background: url('{$mybb->asset_url}/themes/e-book_mecca/bg/bg14.png');"></a>
							<a id="bg15" href="#" style="background: url('{$mybb->asset_url}/themes/e-book_mecca/bg/bg15.png');"></a>
							<a id="bg16" href="#" style="background: url('{$mybb->asset_url}/themes/e-book_mecca/bg/bg16.png');"></a>
							<a id="bg17" href="#" style="background: url('{$mybb->asset_url}/themes/e-book_mecca/bg/bg17.png');"></a>
							<a id="bg18" href="#" style="background: url('{$mybb->asset_url}/themes/e-book_mecca/bg/bg18.png');"></a>
							<a id="bg19" href="#" style="background: url('{$mybb->asset_url}/themes/e-book_mecca/bg/bg19.png');"></a>
							<a id="bg20" href="#" style="background: url('{$mybb->asset_url}/themes/e-book_mecca/bg/bg20.png');"></a>
                       </div>
            </div>
Try this as your header_quicksearch

<form action="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php" method="post">
<fieldset id="search">
<input name="keywords" type="text" class="textbox" placeholder="Search Forum for E-Books" />
<button type="submit"><i class="fa fa-search search_icon"></i></button>
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_search" />
<input type="hidden" name="postthread" value="1" />
                        </fieldset>
                        </form>
Ok ... Thank you I will try it

Thank you so much it is repaired... and it looks nice too Smile
Pages: 1 2