MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Topic password
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can somebody make a mod using it usergroup can encrypt its topics with password?
A specified usergroup can fill in a password, to prevent some users can see it, while making a new thread ?

Edit ::

Made this in a quickie =P
-- New Thread :: New Box For Fillin' In Password
Note :: You can specify which usergroups can fill in a password, an admin overrules that ...
-- Show Thread :: If Thread Has A Password, You Need To Fill It In To View ... I've Copied The Method Of The Protected Forums, So With Cookies Wink And I Didn't Made New Templates For It, So When You Gonna Enter The Password, You Probably Will Be Seeing "The administrator has required it so that a password is required for access to this forum." ...

Just upload tp.php into your inc/plugins/ folder and activate, settings of it are in the ThreadPassword Settings Group.

Update :: Groups can now be excluded from the password check.
Upgrade :: Deactivate, Upload New File [Overwrite If Needed] and Activate.
Lex
Very great thanks for you!
And how can user or admin change topic password?
If user clicks edit post (first post), he won't become password box in template editpost.
Will try to adjust it.

Edit ::

Reupload tp.php [See my First Post For New] into your pluginfolder. Deactivation needed ! If you don't want to lose the already stored passwords, you need to open the file and

Change [ ACTIVATE SECTION ]
	$db->query("ALTER TABLE `".TABLE_PREFIX."threads` ADD `password` VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL;");
Into
	//$db->query("ALTER TABLE `".TABLE_PREFIX."threads` ADD `password` VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL;");
Change [ DEACTIVATE SECTION ]
	$db->query("ALTER TABLE `".TABLE_PREFIX."threads` DROP `password`;");
Into
	//$db->query("ALTER TABLE `".TABLE_PREFIX."threads` DROP `password`;");
LeX-
Thank you for this plugin
In order to supermoders or moders of currently forum may change and set thread password I've changed plugin code so:
[attachment=6975]
Important:
In this plugin:
$usergroup == 4
- admins
$usergroup == 3
- supermoders
$usergroup == 6
- moders
this plugin is very old!any new one?(this plugin makes problem with tables in phpmyadmin)
up...
Would you do it can only be used in certain forums, but not all is well at the moment ?? Thank you.