MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need help to upload mysql database from local machine to web host service.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to upload mysql version 5.0.27 from my local machine to the web hosting service that uses mysql version 4.025. However, since they are different version, I am getting errors such as no database selected. Is there a way for me to do a data dump off my local machine that would be compatible with their version of mysql?
Is there a way for me to dump the data from my machine so that it's compatible with their version of mysql?
The version difference should make no impact on importing. Since you're getting a error seeming unrelated to your import I venture the problems lay elsewhere. I suggest contacting your host on the matter.
Tikitiki Wrote:The version difference should make no impact on importing.

Not true, it was a compatibility issue. The way out is to use the unix command. See man page for more details.

mysqldump --compatible=mysql40 name_of_database > name_of_file_to_backup

Once I ran this command, I was able to restore. This will hopefully help someone in the future.
rlc65la Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:The version difference should make no impact on importing.

Not true, it was a compatibility issue. The way out is to use the unix command. See man page for more details.

mysqldump --compatible=mysql40 name_of_database > name_of_file_to_backup

Once I ran this command, I was able to restore. This will hopefully help someone in the future.

As far as I'm aware the essential queries haven't changed since 4.x, so I don't see a reason why your backup shouldn't have already worked, unless you included some options in the backup that aren't standard?