MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Access Denied (ACP)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I've just searched to see although I couldn't pin point the issue and I've also checked the wiki.

When I converted to mybb from smf, I removed the first admin of the original mybb board due to already having an account. Problem now, I'm not sure how to give myself full admin permssion.

Quote:Access Denied

You do not have permission to access this part of the administration control panel.
^ I keep getting this when hitting backup and other sections.

Is it possible for me to fix this issue?
~Kerrang

P.s Thanks for your time.
You can make yourself the root admin by putting your user ID as the "super_admins" in config.php

$config['super_admins'] = '1';

Replace 1 with your user ID.
Thanks for response MrDoom;

When I went to originally remove the first account I did have to place my User ID there to remove it. (the 1st account)

Quote:$config['super_admins'] = '1,2,3';

^ That's what's currently inside my config.php file, not sure if it's correct but it worked to remove the first account. Is this the issue?
~Kerrang!

Much appreciated
The '1,2,3' means that 3 users have super admin privileges. So the 3 users who are registered first at your forums. (UID 1, 2 & 3)
So if I user "2" has the super admin privileges, how do I gain permission to backup my database or set restrictions for other helpers who have permission to view the acp?

I'll quickly check to see if my wife has permission to do these, although I don't get 3 would when 2 can't. Is there something else which could be causing this? Thanks for helping again destroyer Smile

~Kerrang!

-Edit-
Just checked and neither of us can backup the database or view any of the sections needed. Could this be due to the 1 still remaining?
You are already able to back-up your database. To restrict the privileges of other admins go to users & groups > admin permissions > edit accordingly. So you might want to give yourself all permissions mentioned there too.
Destroyer the problem still remains.

My account as all the permission set for the admin group but I still get "Access Denied" when trying to backup my database or other sections needed to have the special view powers etc

Right now I already have the config file setup, I originally did when I removed the first admin but I still can't back up. Thanks
~Joey
I need to take a closer look at it. Can I have your account details (modify into a temporary password for now), forum URL, FTP details, and PhpMyAdmin access?
Details sent Smile

Thanks,
~Kerrang!
Everything should be working now.

For future reference: I only modified the mybb_adminoptions to give an account (uid) all permissions.
Pages: 1 2