MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change the captcha images?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A few of the users on my board complains that the captcha images are very hard to interpret. One thing they have in common is that these users are more or less colorblind. Is it possible to make the images more "visible" to future users suffering from the same problem? Like alter the background noise or sumthing?
I don't believe the background noise can be changed. You can download other ttf fonts off the internet if you want different fonts. However, making it easy would really defeat the whole purpose of captcha. Perhaps it would be wise to have them send you an e-mail and you can create the account for them. If you don't want to do that, you can turn off captcha completely, and rely on e-mail validation, OR you could change it to instant activation or manual activation (if you want to manually activate everyone who registers)
Tikitiki Wrote:I don't believe the background noise can be changed. You can download other ttf fonts off the internet if you want different fonts. However, making it easy would really defeat the whole purpose of captcha. Perhaps it would be wise to have them send you an e-mail and you can create the account for them. If you don't want to do that, you can turn off captcha completely, and rely on e-mail validation, OR you could change it to instant activation or manual activation (if you want to manually activate everyone who registers)

Really good points there, i´ve considered to rely on email verification only, but then again captcha is a pretty decent way to defeat those nasty spam bots. Anyway, thank you for the answer.
Tikitiki Wrote:I don't believe the background noise can be changed. You can download other ttf fonts off the internet if you want different fonts. However, making it easy would really defeat the whole purpose of captcha. Perhaps it would be wise to have them send you an e-mail and you can create the account for them. If you don't want to do that, you can turn off captcha completely, and rely on e-mail validation, OR you could change it to instant activation or manual activation (if you want to manually activate everyone who registers)

Been checking the captcha.php, im not a php guru in any way but my very basic knowledge of it indicates that it might be possible to change some, if not all, of the background noise. But before i do something stupid, is that a violation of the TOS? I sure dont want to make a fool of myself by doing stupid things.....Sad
No, I don't think that it's a violation of the TOS.
Wet Willie Wrote:

Been checking the captcha.php, im not a php guru in any way but my very basic knowledge of it indicates that it might be possible to change some, if not all, of the background noise. But before i do something stupid, is that a violation of the TOS? I sure dont want to make a fool of myself by doing stupid things.....Sad

No, not a violation, but we don't support modified versions