MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How To Add Pages To Navigation Menu in MyBB Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Please go to : http://iiustudents.com/misc.php?action=help&hid=3 and click the button. Also try clearing your cookies and history in your browser. If that doesn’t work it might be your ISP. It’s workin for me but if this doesn’t work for you please let me know I will look more into it.

Is mod_security enabled on your server? This is a possible cause. If you don't know, your webhost will be able to tell you. You want that to be disabled.
(2017-10-15, 01:48 AM)Brian. Wrote: [ -> ]The page seems to be loading / working for me. To add it to the navigation menu go to

Admin CP -> Templates & Styles -> Templates -> * Your Theme * -> Header Templates -> header

Then add

<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?page=aboutforum" style="color: #fff"><span> About Forum</span></a></li>

If this doesn’t work please let me know. Also can you provide a screenshot?
Still shows the same problem.
Can you guide me how to add pages without the use of this plugin.
If so please guide me and if not, No problem. Thanks for help.
The plugin is working I am not getting any errors viewing the page at all. One last thing if you can try it on a different internet. Anyway I guess try https://community.mybb.com/thread-116225.html
(2017-10-15, 03:25 AM)ataulhaq Wrote: [ -> ]Can you guide me how to add pages without the use of this plugin.

Brian is right the plugin is working as I can see you page. But if you want to still try without this should do it.

Go to your Cpanel where all the files are stored on your server and create a new php file and name it
about.php

Open the new file and add this content and save.
<?php 

$templatelist = 'About';
define('IN_MYBB', 1); require "./global.php";

add_breadcrumb("About", "about.php"); 

eval("\$html = \"".$templates->get("about.php")."\";"); 

output_page($html);

?>

Now go to your forum AdminCP > Themes & templates > Templates > Global Templates > Add template.

Name the template about.php and add this content and save.
<html>
<head>
<title>About</title>
{$headerinclude}
</head>
<body>
{$header}
<table border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="4" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="thead"><span class="smalltext"><strong>About IIU Students Forum.</strong></span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1">
<p>IIU Students Forum was officially launched on October 15, 2017. The forum is the result of day’s long hard work of the team members of the forum whose sincere efforts made this happen. The basic purpose of this forum is to help students of the International Islamic University in particular and  all around the world in general by providing them a platform where they can share assignments, homework and other useful material.  This forum will give them an opportunity to help one another in achieving their goals by guiding each other. This forum asks your help in the following forms;</p>

<p>I- Share any informative material that you think you don’t need any more and it may help someone one else. You can do this by uploading that material on a remote platform and can share its link here.</p>
<p>II- Share some important tips from your experience for success in any test or interview with other members</p>
<p>III- Share any useful data that you have and you don’t need it any more.</p>
<p>IV- Share any type of materials regarding tests preparation like MCQs, True/False etc</p>
<p>V- If you think you can explain a topic in simple words, you are most welcome here. Write it in the article section. This will help other students and knowledge seekers.</p>
<p>VI- Share updates regarding admissions, tests and scholarships.</p>
<p>VII- You can also share your view regarding any topic of current affair because we value your view and we are here to hear you.</p>

<p>In short you can do anything that you want. This forum belongs to every one of you and you are welcome here.</p>

</td></tr></table>
{$footer}
</body>
</html>

Now like Brian said got to Admin CP > Templates & Styles > Templates > * Your Theme * > Header Templates > header.

Add this and save.
<li><a href="http://iiustudents.com/about.php" title="About IIU Students Forum.">About</a></li>

You should see your page at http://iiustudents.com/about.php

That is a simple way of making pages without a plugin, but it's your choice on what you find better. I prefer without the plugin as you get a better URL

Play around with it and you can make some great pages that match your forum.  

Idea taken from here: https://community.mybb.com/thread-116225.html
(2017-10-15, 09:55 AM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-10-15, 03:25 AM)ataulhaq Wrote: [ -> ]Can you guide me how to add pages without the use of this plugin.

Brian is right the plugin is working as I can see you page. But if you want to still try without this should do it.

Go to your Cpanel where all the files are stored on your server and create a new php file and name it
about.php

Open the new file and add this content and save.
<?php 

$templatelist = 'About';

add_breadcrumb("About", "about.php"); 

eval("\$html = \"".$templates->get("about.php")."\";"); 

output_page($html);

?>

Now go to your forum AdminCP > Themes & templates > Templates > Global Templates > Add template.

Name the template about.php and add this content and save.
<html>
<head>
<title>About</title>
{$headerinclude}
</head>
<body>
{$header}
<table border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="4" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="thead"><span class="smalltext"><strong>About IIU Students Forum.</strong></span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1">
<p>IIU Students Forum was officially launched on October 15, 2017. The forum is the result of day’s long hard work of the team members of the forum whose sincere efforts made this happen. The basic purpose of this forum is to help students of the International Islamic University in particular and  all around the world in general by providing them a platform where they can share assignments, homework and other useful material.  This forum will give them an opportunity to help one another in achieving their goals by guiding each other. This forum asks your help in the following forms;</p>

<p>I- Share any informative material that you think you don’t need any more and it may help someone one else. You can do this by uploading that material on a remote platform and can share its link here.</p>
<p>II- Share some important tips from your experience for success in any test or interview with other members</p>
<p>III- Share any useful data that you have and you don’t need it any more.</p>
<p>IV- Share any type of materials regarding tests preparation like MCQs, True/False etc</p>
<p>V- If you think you can explain a topic in simple words, you are most welcome here. Write it in the article section. This will help other students and knowledge seekers.</p>
<p>VI- Share updates regarding admissions, tests and scholarships.</p>
<p>VII- You can also share your view regarding any topic of current affair because we value your view and we are here to hear you.</p>

<p>In short you can do anything that you want. This forum belongs to every one of you and you are welcome here.</p>

</td></tr></table>
{$footer}
</body>
</html>

Now like Brian said got to Admin CP > Templates & Styles > Templates > * Your Theme * > Header Templates > header.

Add this and save.
<li><a href="http://iiustudents.com/about.php" title="About IIU Students Forum.">About</a></li>

You should see your page at http://iiustudents.com/about.php

That is a simple way of making pages without a plugin, but it's your choice on what you find better. I prefer without the plugin as you get a better URL

Play around with it and you can make some great pages that match your forum.  

Idea taken from here: https://community.mybb.com/thread-116225.html

Thank you sarisisop. This method is more secure because it is possible the plugin may some day get crash so I thin this is best.
Thanks once again bro.
(2017-10-15, 10:16 AM)ataulhaq Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you sarisisop. This method is more secure because it is possible the plugin may some day get crash so I thin this is best.
Thanks once again bro.

You're welcome. I like it because the URL is cleaner and once you get the hang of making the page there is so much you can do.

If you want to keep all your pages in one folder on your server you will need to add an extra . so they can be found on the browser.

Like this

define('IN_MYBB', 1); require "../global.php";

Have fun, pages are a very useful addition to MyBB
(2017-10-15, 11:17 AM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-10-15, 10:16 AM)ataulhaq Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you sarisisop. This method is more secure because it is possible the plugin may some day get crash so I thin this is best.
Thanks once again bro.

You're welcome. I like it because the URL is cleaner and once you get the hang of making the page there is so much you can do.

If you want to keep all your pages in one folder on your server you will need to add an extra . so they can be found on the browser.

Like this

define('IN_MYBB', 1); require "../global.php";

Have fun, pages are a very useful addition to MyBB
Thank you
(2017-10-15, 03:25 AM)ataulhaq Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-10-15, 01:48 AM)Brian. Wrote: [ -> ]The page seems to be loading / working for me. To add it to the navigation menu go to

Admin CP -> Templates & Styles -> Templates -> * Your Theme * -> Header Templates -> header

Then add

<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?page=aboutforum" style="color: #fff"><span> About Forum</span></a></li>

If this doesn’t work please let me know. Also can you provide a screenshot?
Still shows the same problem.
Can you guide me how to add pages without the use of this plugin.
If so please guide me and if not, No problem. Thanks for help.

Hi

Am trying to add a page using Page Manager plugin and method as above.

Have created a page that you can find on :

https://lawforall.in/ipforum/misc.php?page=about

How do I add this page to the top header of my Forum ? Specifically , I want it to appear before ' Hello There Guest !'

Have tried to edit the 'header' template that I find in my 'default' templates set. Below :

<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=help" class="help">{$lang->toplinks_help}</a></li>

I have added line :

<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?page=about" style="color: #fff"><span> About Forum</span></a></li>

But I don't get any 'About Forum' link in my forum header .

Please advise, many thanks !
Try removing the hex color from your link perhaps: for example:

<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?page=about">About Forum</a></li>
Yes I think that is the reason...thanks...but why am I getting a lens image before text ' about this forum' ??

And how can I get this link on extreme left, in the black bar and before ' Hello There, Guest'
Pages: 1 2 3