MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Site Mail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello sir,

I am running myBB on my site
I have MyBB's mail settings to SMTP (host said they have turned off php mail()) and am using an email on that same domain.
myBB was able to send emails a week ago, however, I noticed that it has stopped sending emails, I checked the Log and there was entry as:
"The mail server is not ready, it did not respond with a 220 status message."
Ask your host if they ran any maintenance on email server also try to use a different mail Provider just for confirming your curiosity you can use Smtp2go free plan.
(2017-10-14, 02:52 PM)Dark-Power-Invader Wrote: [ -> ]Ask your host if they ran any maintenance on email server also try to use a different mail Provider just for confirming your curiosity you can use Smtp2go free plan.

Tried using Smtp2go free plan, now, everytime it shows connection refused even though i typed  in all details correctly.

Nevermind, got the solution, i was using the port prescribed in the secure connection in my Host's config for TLS, switched TLS over to SSL, and it worked like charm.

To others having the same problem, try switching from TLS to SSL Encryption.

-Cheers to the small mistakes that keep developers awake night after nights
-Cheers to using wrong ports
finally,
-Cheers to missing that ";"