MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: FORBIDDEN ERROR WHEN I TRY TO POST A THREAD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, 

I started a new forum. I tried to post a thread but facing an error of forbidden  while I am the admin of the community. I have already posted few threads but this error is appearing for a specific thread. I don't know whether it's blocked by the firewall for words limit or any other reason. Is there any sort of firewall blockage or word type blocked by the firewall. Please help me how to make it work. 

Thanks
403 Forbidden error means that you do not have permission to view the requested file or resource. While sometimes this is intentional, other times it is due to misconfigured permissions. The top reasons for this error are permissions or .htaccess error.

Let’s start with some basic troubleshooting.

How to Fix the 403 Forbidden Error:

1. Check for URL errors and make sure you're specifying an actual web page file name and extension, not just a directory. Most websites are configured to disallow directory browsing so a 403 Forbidden message when trying to display a folder instead of a specific page is normal and expected.

NOTE: This is, by far, the most common reason for a website to return the 403 Forbidden error. Be sure you fully explore this possibility before investing time in the troubleshooting below.

2. Clear your browser's cache. Issues with a cached version of the page you're viewing could be causing 403 Forbidden issues.
  3. Log in to the website, assuming it's possible and appropriate to do so. A 403 Forbidden message could mean that you need additional access before you can view the page.

Typically, a website produces a 401 Unauthorized error when special permission is required but sometimes a 403 Forbidden is used instead.
  4. Clear your browser's cookies, especially if you typically log in to this website and logging in again (the last step) didn't work.
  5. Contact your ISP if you are still getting the 403 error, especially if you're pretty sure that the website in question is working for others right now.

It's possible that your public IP address, or your entire Internet Service Provider, has been blacklisted, a situation that could produce a 403 Forbidden error, usually on all pages on one or more sites.

Do you have any plugins because this might be causing a problem try disabling them by going to

Admin CP -> Configurations -> General Configurations -> Disable All Plugins (Yes)

If that doesn’t work please make sure you have mod_security disabled. You might need to contact your web host. Also please try it on a different connection.

If it's just started happening and it only happens for long posts it sounds like your host has some weird setting somewhere. Is there anything in your server error log?

If you need anymore support please reply.
(2017-10-15, 05:54 PM)Brian. Wrote: [ -> ]403 Forbidden error means that you do not have permission to view the requested file or resource. While sometimes this is intentional, other times it is due to misconfigured permissions. The top reasons for this error are permissions or .htaccess error.

Let’s start with some basic troubleshooting.

How to Fix the 403 Forbidden Error:

1. Check for URL errors and make sure you're specifying an actual web page file name and extension, not just a directory. Most websites are configured to disallow directory browsing so a 403 Forbidden message when trying to display a folder instead of a specific page is normal and expected.

NOTE: This is, by far, the most common reason for a website to return the 403 Forbidden error. Be sure you fully explore this possibility before investing time in the troubleshooting below.

2. Clear your browser's cache. Issues with a cached version of the page you're viewing could be causing 403 Forbidden issues.
  3. Log in to the website, assuming it's possible and appropriate to do so. A 403 Forbidden message could mean that you need additional access before you can view the page.

Typically, a website produces a 401 Unauthorized error when special permission is required but sometimes a 403 Forbidden is used instead.
  4. Clear your browser's cookies, especially if you typically log in to this website and logging in again (the last step) didn't work.
  5. Contact your ISP if you are still getting the 403 error, especially if you're pretty sure that the website in question is working for others right now.

It's possible that your public IP address, or your entire Internet Service Provider, has been blacklisted, a situation that could produce a 403 Forbidden error, usually on all pages on one or more sites.

Do you have any plugins because this might be causing a problem try disabling them by going to

Admin CP -> Configurations -> General Configurations -> Disable All Plugins (Yes)

If that doesn’t work please make sure you have mod_security disabled. You might need to contact your web host. Also please try it on a different connection.

If it's just started happening and it only happens for long posts it sounds like your host has some weird setting somewhere. Is there anything in your server error log?

If you need anymore support please reply.

It works fine when I try to post a another thread. But whenever I try to post that specific thread, 403 FORBIDDEN error appears. I think that's happening due to mod_security. Please guide me how I can disable mod_security?
Please try adding this code to your .htaccess file in your forum root.

<IfModule mod_security.c>
  SecFilterEngine Off
  SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

Please let me know if you have any problems.
(2017-10-15, 06:03 PM)techgearsnet Wrote: [ -> ]It works fine when I try to post a another thread. But whenever I try to post that specific thread
Please let me know if is there's any other factors that can stop a thread from posting?
Question,
Are you using free web hosting if yes then contact your web host and tell them the issue, this same thing happened to me once when I was using free web host I'd get bunch of mod_security errors like 403 until they've sorted it out.

If it's a paid web hosting go to your cPanel and see if you have the option for mod_security but I could be wrong it might not have to do anything with mod security it could be your .htaccess if you have one, if you do mind sharing it here please?

Thank you!
My thread is so large thats why it's getting blocked. Please let me know how I can fix this issue.
(2017-10-15, 06:09 PM)Brian. Wrote: [ -> ]Please try adding this code to your .htaccess file in your forum root.

SecFilterEngine Off
  SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

Please let me know if you have any problems.

i tried to use it but it didn't work out.

(2017-10-15, 09:37 PM)Dead-i Wrote: [ -> ]Question,
Are you using free web hosting if yes then contact your web host and tell them the issue, this same thing happened to me once when I was using free web host I'd get bunch of mod_security errors like 403 until they've sorted it out.

If it's a paid web hosting go to your cPanel and see if you have the option for mod_security but I could be wrong it might not have to do anything with mod security it could be your .htaccess if you have one, if you do mind sharing it here please?

Thank you!

I am not using free web hosting. And please review the .htaccess file and let me know whats wrong with it.
Options -MultiViews +FollowSymlinks -Indexes

#
# If mod_security is enabled, attempt to disable it.
# - Note, this will work on the majority of hosts but on
#   MediaTemple, it is known to cause random Internal Server
#   errors. For MediaTemple, please remove the block below
#
	# Turn off mod_security filtering.
	SecFilterEngine Off

# The below probably isn't needed, but better safe than sorry.
	SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

#
# MyBB "search engine friendly" URL rewrites
# - Note, for these to work with MyBB please make sure you have
#   the setting enabled in the Admin CP and you have this file
#   named .htaccess
#
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
	RewriteEngine on
	RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-lastpost\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=lastpost [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextnewest\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextnewest [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextoldest\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextoldest [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-newpost\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=newpost [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-post-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&pid=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^post-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?pid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^announcement-([0-9]+)\.html$ announcements.php?aid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^user-([0-9]+)\.html$ member.php?action=profile&uid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)-day-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=dayview&calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3&day=$4 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-week-(n?[0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=weekview&calendar=$1&week=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^event-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=event&eid=$1 [L,QSA]

<IfModule mod_env.c>
		SetEnv SEO_SUPPORT 1
	</IfModule>
</IfModule>

#
# If Apache is compiled with built in mod_deflade/GZIP support
# then GZIP Javascript, CSS, HTML and XML so they're sent to
# the client faster.
#
<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
	AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/css text/html application/xhtml+xml text/xml application/xml text/plain text/x-component application/javascript application/x-javascript application/rss+xml application/atom+xml application/json application/manifest+json application/x-web-app-manifest+json application/vnd.ms-fontobject application/font-sfnt application/font-woff application/font-woff2 image/svg+xml image/x-icon
</IfModule>

# Note: You are able to choose a different name in the Admin CP. If you've done that you need to change it here too
<Files "error.log">
	Order Deny,Allow
	Deny from all
</Files>

What is your board url?
(2017-10-25, 07:34 AM)broatcast Wrote: [ -> ]What is your board url?

@broatcast, please check out here breachthesecurity.com. Thanks
Pages: 1 2