MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Website Revamp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2017-10-17, 11:06 PM)fishntassie Wrote: [ -> ]Looks nice eric,

What ever happened to the MyBB guy the mascot?

The original designer of the mascot is no longer on our team, and we have no visual artists to continue creating poses of him. To avoid just reusing the same image of him forever (And perhaps because mascots aren't quite as trendy as they once were), we decided to remove him from the homepage. He may however make an appearance in other interior pages.

(2017-10-17, 11:06 PM)fishntassie Wrote: [ -> ]The one issue is ensuring the forums fit into the responsive design so all aspects of the site meet things and not just the front page.

Yes I agree completely. We are going to roll them out as things are finished, and the ultimate goal is to have every single page responsive on the entire site.

Thank you for the feedback!
Looks really good guys.
Wow looks nice but is the whole site going to be responsive? Also is the community forum going to be responsive as well? I think you guys should release this when 2.0 gets released it makes sense but its up to you guys.
(2017-10-17, 11:28 PM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]...The original designer of the mascot is no longer on our team, and we have no visual artists to continue creating poses of him. To avoid just reusing the same image of him forever (And perhaps because mascots aren't quite as trendy as they once were), we decided to remove him from the homepage. He may however make an appearance in other interior pages...

This sould be our new mascot... our inocent mybb kitty:

[attachment=39429]

ps.:
Mybb Discord Server insider Wink
Looks nice but one question, since you are sharing a copy if it. I wonder are people allowed to use it for their own site? as long they change it to their own use/project so it won't look like original one?

Also what is this copy for? is it for wordpress or ??
Very nice, I love minimal designs. It's pleasant, easy to understand and read.

Suggestions:

- The "Why MyBB?" box buttons, maybe a little more dark to the eye (and you can also use the same style of the download button, applying a bit more of opacity to the arrow icon).

-"Even more to offer", that entire section in mobile seems a bit long, maybe you guys can search a way to shorten it.

Regards.
Awesome work. Looks nice.
Would be nice to have a new modern look
Quote:Looks nice but one question, since you are sharing a copy if it. I wonder are people allowed to use it for their own site? as long they change it to their own use/project so it won't look like original one?

https://github.com/mybb/mybb.com

Probably not, the license for the *current site* (not the WIP) says that you're not permitted to use it.
It *would* be nice, if they put it under the MIT License or something, but I'm guessing that they don't want the theme to become too common (although, it really doesn't matter as there are countless Wordpress themes like it).
I will love to see the blue colored background on top part as well just like bottom Smile
(2017-10-23, 07:11 AM)Azah Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Looks nice but one question, since you are sharing a copy if it. I wonder are people allowed to use it for their own site? as long they change it to their own use/project so it won't look like original one?

https://github.com/mybb/mybb.com

Probably not, the license for the *current site* (not the WIP) says that you're not permitted to use it.
It *would* be nice, if they put it under the MIT License or something, but I'm guessing that they don't want the theme to become too common (although, it really doesn't matter as there are countless Wordpress themes like it).

Look:: its against license. If some work is licensed under (L)GPL (MyBB is LGPL), any work that is based on MyBB have to be under LGPL.
In other words:: MyBB team has to publish each && every bit of source for everything they create and licence under (L)GPL.
Pages: 1 2 3