MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme Color Selector
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If themes natively support different color themes via CSS style sheets, why do we not have an option in our Board Settings to show a Theme Color Selector?

I see one for Language selector and Theme selector, but not Color selector.

It would make sense to me that I would restrict access to certain themes, but I would then want my users to have access to any color variations available. Why is this not an option included with MyBB?

Why even support multiple colors if it's difficult to allow users to choose between them?
If this is the case, why not just have one theme, then children themes for different colors?
I found a premium theme that has the feature you are looking for http://myskins.org/Thread-Encolor-Theme-...-copy-sale I am unsure how you go about buying it you will need to contact the theme / site owner.

If you dont want to buy it you can make multiple copys of your theme and change colors by modifying the CSS and have it so users can select that theme in the theme selector in the footer.

Also if you need help any a with MyBB theme please ask it in the “Theme Support” forum : https://community.mybb.com/forum-10.html.
Depends which theme your talking about? Some themes allow color changer but you cannot set permissions, but you can get one custom made which you can set group IDs like the one I have in my forum it's custom plugin. If you need something like that contact Sazze or Johnny S.
You can do this by using jQuery. Take a look here.
thanks for the replies guys. However, I don’t need a theme that has support for it. i’m just wondering why it’s not natively supported since the option is available. It almost seems like it’s a feature that is only half way implemented.
(2017-10-21, 01:54 PM)Darrell Wrote: [ -> ]thanks for the replies guys. However, I don’t need a theme that has support for it. i’m just wondering why it’s not natively supported since the option is available. It almost seems like it’s a feature that is only half way implemented.

I agree. Looking at this feature in ACP I wonder why members don't have the option to use the alternate color CSS. 

Is MyBB planning to finish the feature or does the team feel that it's completed as-is?
Bump this.
It really appears incomplete without this feature ...