MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Create a thread that only certain user groups and an individual can see
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible for a user in a specific group to post in a forum that only a specific user along with the user group that was used to post the thread can view it. So user group A can post in a certain forum, the user in user group A can select a user B from any user group to only view that thread but no other user can view the thread.
Hope that makes sense.

Thanks
Hello,

You can set forum permissions in your admin CP

Admin CP -> Forums & Post -> * Your Forum * -> Permissions

If you need anymore support please reply.
This wont allow me to only choose certain users to view a specific post in the forum though
you can try using Invite Only Threads plugin coded for an older version of MyBB

see also changing the plugin compatibility to try it on MyBB 1.8.x
I tried using this but it wont work for me as I would like a certain user group to be able to view the threads as well as just a singular user. I am trying to make a forum that allows mentors to file reports on the students, these reports are then only viewable by the student it is meant for but also the mentor user group.
Not sure if this is possible though.
Admin CP -> Forums & Posts -> * Your Forum * -> Permissions

Go down to Registered and click Set Custom Permissions and select Can Only View Own Thread.

Now you and staff or other user groups you set can view all of them well the users can only view their own threads.
Sorry I think I'm being confusing, the mentors are the ones that file the reports on the students so it won't be their own thread if that makes sense

(2017-10-23, 04:57 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you can try using Invite Only Threads plugin coded for an older version of MyBB

see also changing the plugin compatibility to try it on MyBB 1.8.x

I can actually see this working except for one issue, if I create a post that isn't invite only I get this errorĀ http://prntscr.com/h1c2deĀ 
Know why?
Any ideas anyone? This error is quite annoying
Anyone?