MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Recaptcha ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm using Mybb 1.6. I understand that it is old and no longer supported, but I was wondering if someone can lead me in the right direction.

I'm still using this version because I have very little spam and when I tried switching to 1.8, I had a lot of spam. I'm thinking that someone is using an auto poster or something.

I rec'd an email from Google that re-captcha ver 1 will be expiring on March 31, 2018.

How can I update the code to use the latest recaptcha?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
You could use one of the MyBB default captcha, about the spam issue I've no clue I've upgraded forums multiple times and never had any spam issues.

This might help you further Smile
https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/administration/spam/
Please delete my thread.

I tried ver 2 Captcha and it seems to work with no other code changes just key changes.
(2017-10-20, 07:47 PM)primster7 Wrote: [ -> ]Please delete my thread.

I tried ver 2 Captcha and it seems to work with no other code changes just key changes.

No need to delete it just mark the thread as solved. Smile
Never delete threads or content after solving a problem. Sadly i see this many times here.
It can help other with the same question. So deleting will not help Wink
(2017-10-20, 08:23 PM)broatcast Wrote: [ -> ]Never delete threads or content after solving a problem. Sadly i see this many times here.
It can help other with the same question. So deleting will not help Wink

You can't delete your own threads lol? :/
no bud sadly many users edit it and remove all content and just let a "solved" or "delete thread please" in it