MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: E-mail from Google: New ReCAPTCHA system going online on 2018.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys, just reporting a important stuff.

I don't know if its applies on MyBB, but the Google send me a e-mail today:

Quote:Dear Webmaster,
You are receiving this email because you are registered as a website administrator using reCAPTCHA, and your website is still using reCAPTCHA v1, which will be turned off on March 31, 2018.
We announced the reCAPTCHA v1 deprecation in May 2016. Starting in November 2017, a small percentage of reCAPTCHA v1 traffic will begin to show a notice informing users that the old API will soon be retired. Any calls to the v1 API will not work after March 31, 2018.
To ensure continued functionality, you’ll need to update your website to a current version of reCAPTCHA. You can learn more about reCAPTCHA v2, Invisible reCAPTCHA and reCAPTCHA Android API in our Developer’s Guide. The new APIs are simple to implement and will streamline the captcha experience for your users. If you need help, you can engage in the reCAPTCHA Google Developer Group or post to Stack Overflow with the ‘recaptcha’ tag.
We hope that your upgrade will be seamless, and we’re confident you’ll be happy with the results.
Thank you,
reCAPTCHA Support

Do we need to do something? I'm on MyBB 1.8.
I got that too Interesting. I removed it and out the mybb captcha with a question and figured that is good enough to discourage bots Smile
They are going to break a large chunk of the internet. So many websites that will never be updated will just stop working because of the old api going down Sad