MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Eternal.is - Everlasting General Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: wmIvz9c.png]

Site Name Eternal
Site URL https://eternal.is
Site Description Eternal is a relatively small forum for discussion of various different topics. We are online to provide a place for users to meet, share ideas, and to entertain each other with said discussion. We support many different kinds of cultures and beliefs, and don't discriminate against other users. With a tight knit and friendly community, you as well as many others are more than welcome to join in our discussions and events. Made to be an everlasting forum, it exists as a place that won't go offline in the foreseeable future, or go sour due to being sold.
Unique Features Previously Eternal was on a weekly feature schedule. Unfortunately, this was short lived, however, feature are always in development and released whenever said development has finished.

Features such as...

... Theme customization. Users can customize the color of the theme to make it feel more like their own page. This is paired with a color manager, where colors are saved on a per-user basis, and you can always return to a previous color you've used, or delete colors you never use.

Colors are also displayed on a users profile, and other users can use this color with a simple click. The user control panel also displays how many users are using a color you've created.

... Achievements. Users gain achievements via various on-board activities, giving them access to more features, such as the URL shortener, and the theme customization settings themselves. They aren't extremely hard to obtain, and are granted by Eternal itself.

Some of the achievements are Bulletin Board (creating ten threads), New Poster (creating ten posts), Age Old Owl (having 2 weeks of online time), and a handful of others.

... a Security System that allows or disallows access on an IP-basis. Users can view recent login attempts, as well as the IP address and country of origin, and block account access from said IP should the password entered be correct to your account. Also in progress is two-factor authorization, as well as an IP-lock that will allow users to disallow logins from any IP other than their current IP as of enabling the feature (users need not worry, however, as this can be disabled by contacting staff should they have dynamic IPs or otherwise, though proof of ownership of the account will be required).

... Username holding and history. Users that decide to switch aliases have their old username reserved for a month should they decide to switch back. During this time, nobody can sign up with the previous username, nor can other users claim the name. You are also given two username changes in a month, and can view the username history of other users on their profiles so you know who they are.

... And many more (anonymous posting, do not bump, enhanced navigation, the list goes on)!
Very nice forum, good luck with your project Smile
Nice forum, good luck!
(2017-10-21, 02:52 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice forum, good luck with your project Smile

(2017-10-21, 04:14 PM)Dead-i Wrote: [ -> ]Nice forum, good luck!

Thank you! Smile
Why does the site refresh when clicking anywhere outside the container? You might have a broken <a> tag
(2017-10-26, 05:54 PM)Sharree Wrote: [ -> ]Why does the site refresh when clicking anywhere outside the container? You might have a broken <a> tag

That's intentional, you click outside the thread to get back to the homepage.
Hello,

great forum design. I am very interested in forum design. Is there a possibility to find such a similar one for MyBB?

greeting
(2017-10-30, 09:35 PM)KaSo Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

great forum design. I am very interested in forum design. Is there a possibility to find such a similar one for MyBB?

greeting

Nope it's all custom, you can find dark themes few of them but nothing similar. You'll have to get one custom made.
(2017-10-26, 05:54 PM)Sharree Wrote: [ -> ]Why does the site refresh when clicking anywhere outside the container? You might have a broken <a> tag

As kawaii said, it's a feature to return to the index quickly. Most users I've talked to like it, but if that changes in the future it'll be removed.

(2017-10-30, 09:35 PM)KaSo Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

greeting

It's a custom theme made by an old friend of mine and I. I'm not against doing a custom theme for your forum, and others for that matter, but it would cost. (As an aside, I'm also a developer for hire, and do mybb plugins as well)
Error 525
SSL handshake failed