MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add a Thread Header !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there, Today I am going to share my little code for a thread header. 

It is basically a way to have thread information above the thread thus way leaving more space for a more clean and sleek looking thread view. 

Please understand that this was tested on "Tesla Gaming (Dark)" so I am unsure if it will work on other themes. If you test it and it works please confirm for others. 

Recommened Plugins & Programs

Template Editor 
FASTyle 
Notepad ++

First we are going to start by Opening the following.
Themes & Templates > Templates > Your Theme > ShowThread > ShowThread

Find the Following :

{$header}

This is usually in the first 30 to 40 Lines of Code.

Add the Following Under it :
 <div class="showthread_container">
	  <div class="table-wrap">
	    <div class="table-cell-mid avatarep">
	    <a href="{$user['profilelink']}" title="{$mybb->user['username']}">{$avatarep_thread}</a>
	    	</div>
		<div class="table-cell-mid showthread-info">
		  {$thread['subject']}
		  </div>
		   <div class="showthread-desc">by {$thread['username']} - {$thread['threaddate']}, {$thread['threadtime']} 

</div>
		   </div>
	    </div><br />

Secondly Open the Following :

Themes & Templates > Themes > Your Theme > Stylesheets > global.css

Add the Following to the Bottom :
 /* Show Thread Header */
.showthread_container {
	/* background: linear-gradient(-90deg, rgba(250,250,250,0.2), rgba(39, 127, 165,0.4)); */
 background: #2978AD;
-webkit-box-shadow: 0px, 5px, 6px, rgba(0,0,0,0.8);
	-moz-box-shadow: 0px, 5px, 6px, rgba(0,0,0,0.8);

border-radius: 2px;
}

.table-wrap {
 display: table;
 width: 1662px;
 table-layout: fixed;
}

.table-cell-mid.showthread-info {
position: relative;
    left: -480px;
    top: -8px;
    color: #fff;
    font-weight: bold;
    font-size: 16px;

}

.showthread-desc {	
    left: -1034px;
    bottom: -35px;
    position: relative;	
}

.table-cell-mid {
 display: table-cell;
 vertical-align: middle;
}

After you've done this, depending on the current theme you are using you will have to do some edits to the position and maybe the width, also in order to use some of the variables above you will need to have XThreads and PHP and Template Conditionals and Forum Display Avatars Plugins. Unless you can edit the code to show the avatars and date/time without. 

You should see the following 

[Image: ytntuQucSXygh10DsCIdXQ.png]

I thank you for viewing this tutorial and hopefully it worked you all. If you need support please PM me or add my discord "Khaleesi Hale#1153"

Updates will come to this thread once I make some for "Post Reply Button" and "Rate Thread"

Sincerely,
Khaleesi.
why I doesn't work in my theme ?

<span class="smalltext showthread-desc">by {$thread['username']} - {$thread['threaddate']} at {$thread['threadtime']}</span>

display username only.

[Image: JlqpQHq.png]
^ XThreads plugin is required to get that code working [thread date & thread time]
or you can use template conditionals plugin & this code
@Kiddo Monster - what is your forum URL to see that on live Smile thank you!

EDIT: Nevermind, it is NulledBB
(2018-04-29, 01:04 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]@Kiddo Monster - what is your forum URL to see that on live Smile thank you!

Offline Mode sorry for this time xD Yeah It look like nbb but can't be Online in this life xD lel.

(2018-04-28, 03:50 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ XThreads plugin is required to get that code working [thread date & thread time]

Thank, I got it now.
Or you can add (edit core files) for thread time and date creation date.

In function.php find: 
eval("\$threads .= \"".$templates->get("forumdisplay_thread")."\";");

and add before this code:
$threaddate = my_date($mybb->settings['dateformat'], $thread['dateline']);
        $threadtime = my_date($mybb->settings['timeformat'], $thread['dateline']);

I recommend to use plugin "Patches" which can maintain all core file modifications and revert them easily.
(2018-04-29, 01:04 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]@Kiddo Monster - what is your forum URL to see that on live Smile thank you!

I'd like to mention that we have nothing to do with this guy. He's just attempting to rip our stuff.

(2018-04-29, 02:43 PM)Kiddo Monster Wrote: [ -> ]

Offline Mode sorry for this time xD Yeah It look like nbb but can't be Online in this life xD lel.

(2018-04-28, 03:50 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ XThreads plugin is required to get that code working [thread date & thread time]

Thank, I got it now.

Talking about you, don't try to rip our stuff. Even if it is "offline" and "can't ever be live". The theme is still our property and you have NO permission to use it.
^ please do not discuss / argue such issues on public open forum.

--- this topic is closed ---