MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Allow users to view their own unapproved threads/posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there everyone,

I've recently came across an issue on my forum, which is related to the unapproved posts/threads.

When a user creates a thread or post that is unapproved they cannot see it by default, that is how mybb works, but I can't see why the user who created that thread or post should be unable to view it.

I mean as far as I can think, there is no downside to it, in fact there are benefits to it.

1. users will be able to view their post or thread, thus avoiding them from misleading think it was not posted(a lot of users these days don't properly read, and don't pay attention to the successful redirect message)
2. not being able to view their post/thread may cause users to post their message again
3. users may think they are being censored and perhaps other things
4. perhaps other factors I did not took into consideration

On my own forum, I modified it so that users could view their own unapproved threads/posts, here is my modification https://community.mybb.com/thread-213696...87001.html as you can see it doesn't seem anything too hard to get implemented.

And I would like to propose this to be implemented on mybb either as an option or permanent.

Thanks for reading and taking my suggestion into consideration.