MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to upgrade to recaptcha V2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got this in my email a couple days ago. We are using recaptcha V1. How can i switch to V2 in MyBB?
Quote:Dear Webmaster,
You are receiving this email because you are registered as a website administrator using reCAPTCHA, and your website is still using reCAPTCHA v1, which will be turned off on March 31, 2018.
We announced the reCAPTCHA v1 deprecation in May 2016. Starting in November 2017, a small percentage of reCAPTCHA v1 traffic will begin to show a notice informing users that the old API will soon be retired. Any calls to the v1 API will not work after March 31, 2018.
To ensure continued functionality, you’ll need to update your website to a current version of reCAPTCHA. You can learn more about reCAPTCHA v2, Invisible reCAPTCHA and reCAPTCHA Android API in our Developer’s Guide. The new APIs are simple to implement and will streamline the captcha experience for your users. If you need help, you can engage in the reCAPTCHA Google Developer Group or post to Stack Overflow with the ‘recaptcha’ tag.
We hope that your upgrade will be seamless, and we’re confident you’ll be happy with the results.
Thank you,
reCAPTCHA Support

nevermind. I just realized that Nocpatcha recaptcha was recaptcha V2 with teh im not a robot click
Don't feel bad metulburr I did the same thing and was left a message here that no one can register a mybb user said, Smile
It will be added in MyBB 1.8.13
(2017-10-30, 05:00 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]It will be added in MyBB 1.8.13

That's great , thank you for the info
(2017-10-30, 05:00 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]It will be added in MyBB 1.8.13
Actually not. reCAPTCHA V2 is already available for a while in MyBB. MyBB 1.8.13 will support invisible reCAPTCHA, too.
(2017-10-30, 05:43 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]Actually not. reCAPTCHA V2 is already available for a while in MyBB. MyBB 1.8.13 will support invisible reCAPTCHA, too.

How is this enabled?

I just installed 1.8.13 and the reCAPTCHA site says I am using V1.
reCAPTCHA is a free service from Google that helps protect websites from spam and abuse. A “CAPTCHA” is a test to tell human and bots apart. It is easy for humans to solve, but hard for “bots” and other malicious software to figure out
(2017-11-23, 02:38 AM)aliceta Wrote: [ -> ]reCAPTCHA is a free service from Google that helps protect websites from spam and abuse. A “CAPTCHA” is a test to tell human and bots apart. It is easy for humans to solve, but hard for “bots” and other malicious software to figure out

Not sure who you were replying to.

I have a reCAPTCHA account at Google. I have registered my site and the captcha works. But when I login to Google CAPTCHA management page, there is a big warning that says my application is using V1.

What needs to be changed to use V2 instead?
(2017-11-23, 05:49 AM)LarryJ Wrote: [ -> ]What needs to be changed to use V2 instead?

[attachment=40064]