MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cannot move/remove posts after moving to another server and domain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I have moved MyBB instance to another server and at the same time I have changed the domain. I did all the changes in settings.php to reflect the change of domain. Forums seem to work fine, I can easily log-in, Facebook login addon has also migrated well.

Problem is that when I choose some thread that I want to move and select the proper option from dropdown menu below the thread list and press OK, I get message that my session has ended or I have not chosen any threads to move. (I have it in different language, thi is a rough translation to English).

What may be the reason? I have tried to freshly log-in from another browser but the same thing happens.

Addons I use: Plugin Uploader, Myimgur, MyFacebook Connect, MentionMe, Inline Success Messages, Add Meta Tags, ezGallery Lite, DVZ Shoutbox.

Mybb 1.8.12, php 7.1. What may be some possible reason? Maybe I have omitted something when moving and changing domain?

Regards,
Greg
You changed settings at settings.php
did you after that change settings in ACP too? (to change settings in database too)

Take a look at Cookie-Settings exspecially
(2017-10-23, 03:47 AM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]You changed settings at settings.php
did you after that change settings in ACP too? (to change settings in database too)

Take a look at Cookie-Settings exspecially

That's correct. I have changed it directly within the databae before I have logged in. I think I wouldn't be able to log-in otherwise.

I ran file integrity check but all the files are fine.

But, I got some clue: when I tick the checkbox of the thread I would like to move, an error pops up in the console:

ReferenceError: cookieSecureFlag is not defined   general.js:531:4
So. it indeed is something with cookies.

In the ACP settings, my cookie path is simply "/", it says I should input full path; should try it? Full path means simply the domain if my forums are accessed directly on a domain (not subfolders, subdomains), i.e. domain.com/ ?
can we have your forum url ..

looks like your forum's active themes' headerinclude template requires defining cookieSecureFlag

related guidance :
Issues with Inline Moderation & fixing inline Moderation for 1.8.10 (3rd Party Themes)
(2017-10-23, 04:20 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]can we have your forum url ..

looks like your forum's active themes' headerinclude template requires defining cookieSecureFlag

related guidance :
Issues with Inline Moderation & fixing inline Moderation for 1.8.10 (3rd Party Themes)

Ah, my apologies, I do not know how have I forgot about it

https://nahafciarce.pl/

Edit:
Thank you, .m. I have Googled the problem and found the solution. Not sure why I haven't simply Googled it previously. As you have guessed, the theme did not have properly updated general.js. Thank you for directing me at this problem. Most probably, the theme has been updated recently and I haven't yet installed a patch.

For anyone having such an issue, please refer to the links supplied by .m. - in my case the solution was here:
https://community.mybb.com/thread-206896.html

Issue resolved, thread may be closed.