MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Latest post/ go to scroll location
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Many links on the forum that scroll you to a post such as "Go to first unread post" or "last post" - it works great on this forum

It works OK on my forum, but it scrolls a tad too far - how can I adjust this?
Bump?
What do you exactly mean by it scrolls too far? :/
It should go to the latest posts lol.
Would you mind linking us to a post on your forum so we can use these buttons ourselves to see exactly what you mean as well as possibly give a solution?

Quote:To expedite the process of answering the multitude of questions for MyBB 1.8, please include the following information when posting your problems:
  • Detailed description of your problem, including steps to reproduce if necessary

• URL to your forum/URL to specific problematic page

• New installation or upgrade (from which version of MyBB)?

• Test user account (if it requires additional permissions)

• Screenshot or error text, verbatim
I can't link to the forum as it is private

On this forum click the "last post" and it takes you to the top of the latest post

On my forum, it scrolls too far; past the profile box and into the actual post. It means you have to scroll up a bit to see the whole post and who is posting.

I'm using the flatty theme which header scrolls down the screen - I think this may be where my issue lies, so I just need to know how to stop the scroll a bit sooner

Hope that makes sense
Without seeing the site and looking into the coding myself by inspecting the element, I cannot help you.

However, if your header does scroll with the page, that is the issue as it is a floating/fixed object, the rest of the forum is not so essentially when you click that 'scroll to' link, it does not know that the floating/fixed header is there and cannot recognize it's height.

To fix this you can remove the header to scroll with the page and make it static. Other than that I do not know a way around that.
PM your link and test admin account, I'll be more than happy to help you further with this.
Without looking at the codes and stuff there's not much we can do to help.
Thanks Dead-i

I will set up a test forum & account tonight and let you have a look