MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Spam prevention
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I would like to hire someone who is experienced with MyBB to help me with my spam problem. 
My forum gets nailed everyday with 10-15 spam messages, leading me to believe that my Captcha/prevention systems aren't working. 
Please private message or e-mail ([email protected]) with your rate and plan of attack.
Thanks!
Owen
if you have a couple of regular moderators then new members' posts can be set to require approval (eg. plugin) & that could be sufficient !
I have had lots of spam issues when I first started my own forums and hence I took lot of measures to prevent spam, I wrote an article long time back that helped me solve all issues, I will suggest you to read it and implement it. Very easy to do and I used all plugins that are available at MyBB Extend or MyBB hacks.

https://wallbb.co.uk/how-to-stop-forum-s...bb-forums/

Give it a try Smile
I have assigned moderators but the "Purge Spammer" feature doesn't work for them due to a bug, something about their account needing to be activated even when it's already activated.

Thank you WallBB.