MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: General Discussion Forum!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Nice job. I've been trying to do a geeral site for ages. Never got it right. This one looks good.
FirefoxWiz Wrote:True, he could have given some advice on how to make the theme better.

I did give him some advice on how to make it look better, go back to the stock theme until he actually has something better !!!

Now if so many of you hate the stock theme, start re-designing it, I am using it on www.indiasearch.org and it looks a lot better to me than the site presented in this thread.

I am trying to help all of you out here, if you guys want to cry, go right ahead.

Many people try alternative skins to the stock vB skin all the time, but most of them suck too!
OK guys, here is something productive so you all don't get mad, the thread starter needs to go here to find a MyBB Skin for his forum !!!

All all of you happy now ??

Thanks for the fun thread guys !!! Rolleyes Big Grin
Looks fine to me. But nothing wrong with the default either. the indai thing looks good like that. And I use stock on my site www.quickmactips.com . Looks better that any other skin I've used.
Yeah but at least you have done some slight alterations to your stock skin, which looks nice.
I like that skin. The only thing I will say about it is that the background makes me feel really sick and even now I'm not looking at it anymore, my head is still spinning a bit.

That's the first time I've ever got motion sickness from a forum.
I agree, this is the reason I stated that he needs to do better, some of you guys here are way too nice, be honest, if you think the guy needs to improve tell him.

It seems none of you fear bad mouthing me for using the stock skin, but when someone has something worse you don't want to offend them.
Well, I think it is nice theme. Not bad imagined, but definitely something has gone wrong with that red background.
Try darker red (something closer to black), it will look much better.

Regards
FirefoxWiz Wrote:
AVC Wrote:It seems none of you fear bad mouthing me for using the stock skin, but when someone has something worse you don't want to offend them.
Pardon? He doesn't have a bad skin here, but at least he tried and customized his forum.

OK man, he tired but did not succeed !!

Would it have been better if I just said "Good Show Man" ???

This thread has opened up a lot of opportunities for the people in this community to get to know one another, for us to learn about skins for MyBB and to have input from skin designers like you.

It has also given me the opportunity to bookmark many very competent skin designers like:

http://www.ivgeo.net/mybb/index.php

So lets all move on, be honest, call it like we REALLY see it because this is what makes all of the members forums better.

PS: I don't develop skins, I never will, but maybe when I get the time I will contact a few of you for help so we can all be happy that no one ever uses the stock skin again !!!! Sad
Sodacake Wrote:
AVC Wrote:
FirefoxWiz Wrote:
AVC Wrote:It seems none of you fear bad mouthing me for using the stock skin, but when someone has something worse you don't want to offend them.
Pardon? He doesn't have a bad skin here, but at least he tried and customized his forum.

OK man, he tired but did not succeed !!

Would it have been better if I just said "Good Show Man" ???

This thread has opened up a lot of opportunities for the people in this community to get to know one another, for us to learn about skins for MyBB and to have input from skin designers like you.

It has also given me the opportunity to bookmark many very competent skin designers like:

http://www.ivgeo.net/mybb/index.php

So lets all move on, be honest, call it like we REALLY see it because this is what makes all of the members forums better.

PS: I don't develop skins, I never will, but maybe when I get the time I will contact a few of you for help so we can all be happy that no one ever uses the stock skin again !!!! Sad

Ok, stop being an idiot. People are calling it like they see it but you just can't seem to grasp the concept that you were not particularly constructive in your criticism of the guys skin. You didn't give him any tips on how he could make his skin better you just told him to go back to the stock skin and because you have never made a skin you're highly ignorant on this particular subject and you don't have an ounce of credibility.

No you have no credibility, by just reading your posts anyone can plainly see this !!!!

Sodacake Wrote:There was no need for AVC to be such an lime, though, you guys have to agree. He didn't offer any solution as to how the guy could make his theme better, he basically just trashed his efforts and told him to change back to the default theme.

If anyone is an idiot it is you, but you are not the only one that is, just read this thread and see the over reactions of you prima donna's !!!
Pages: 1 2 3