MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User pruning not working, says "./uploads/avatars" not found
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Tried to enable user pruning... The task runs but users are not pruned. The Tasks log contains a Warning for each user:

Warning - [2] 'opendir(./uploads/avatars): failed to open dir: No such file or directory' - Line: 160 - File: inc/functions_upload.php

Needless to say, I have a "/ var / www / {forumname } / uploads / avatars" directory, the only thing non-standard in my setup being the "admin" directory has ben renamed "admin-{some rather long random string}".

Running MyBB 1.8.7.
Hi,

I highly recommend that you upgrade MyBB if possible to check if this has anything to do with an issue that was fixed in the recent version. If you do have the files and it gives you this error it could be an outdated MyBB version. Who knows someone with my experience could better assist you. It is always recommended to upgrade your version because bugs and errors do get fixed.
check the folder path set for avatars at below location. is it correctly set ?
forum admin panel >> Configuration [Settings] >> User Registration and Profile Options >> Avatar Upload Path
(2017-11-03, 09:10 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]check the folder path set for avatars at below location. is it correctly set ?
forum admin panel >> Configuration [Settings] >> User Registration and Profile Options >> Avatar Upload Path

It says "./uploads/avatars". That settings works for most purposes since the users have avatars. Of course since it is a relative path, it requires that the user pruning task runs with the same working directory as the "mainstream" server.

I could of course put in an absolute path, but that would lock the forum on a given file system location.